Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do You Live In Ohio?

reallybigtim

New in Town
Thanks Randooch.....I am going to look at them now. You helped me with my private messages a few weeks ago and now you have helped me again. You get a free hat out of this. They are all too big for me anyway....but I will have a lot of traders! They are only 10 miles from me. I will let you know if I get them. Thanks, Timothy

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Randooch.....I am going to look at them now. You helped me with my private messages a few weeks ago and now you have helped me again. You get a free hat out of this. They are all too big for me anyway....but I will have a lot of traders! They are only 10 miles from me. I will let you know if I get them. Thanks, Timothy

Awesome, rbt; thanks in advance!

reallybigtim

New in Town
Just got back......very disappointing. Most were cheap straw hats that were not that old and a few cheap wool hats. All had been stored incorrectly (stacked together) and were badly mis-shapen. The only "good" hats were two Stetsons and a Knox with moth damage.....different sizes (7 1/8-7 1/4). She sold me those and plus a warped and bashed bowler for $20 (and I probably paid too much due to their condition). I left everything else there. It was obvious why the uncle left these behind. If there were any nice ones....he took them with him. I am glad I didn't drive more than 10 minutes for this deal.....but had to see for myself. I remember from an ad you ran before that you are a 7 1/2?.....this bowler might be a that size....it's yours if you want it. What I need to know now is how to re-shape these hats if it's possible??? Sorry for the disappointing news.......

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Dang! Too bad that didn't pan out so well, but like you said, you just HAD to know.

Hopefully you can recoup your gas money plus some with a few ebay sales. I'm not really into bowlers, thanks just the same. It was a generous idea, sharing the booty.

I like to think of dead-ends like these as building up one's chances of an awesome find. So, with that in mind, NEXT TIME!

reallybigtim

New in Town
Yea, I love the treasure hunting aspect. It's almost sureal when you do find something very special when it is unexpected. Plus it makes a great story to tell.

I have been wearing a couple of the hats that I bought and they are starting to get some of their shape back. They will never be anything more than bad weather beaters but I needed something like that anyway. The three that I bought were all different sizes but I can wear them. All the cheap hats that I left behind were the larger sizes (7 1/2 - 7 5/8) so I think the original owner found the three "good" hats at garage sales or something. They were probably too small for him but he knew that they were good hats. They all have different owners initials in them.

So, the treasure hunt continues. I am happy with the three hats for $20 and maybe a gallon of burned gasoline. I am just starting my vintage fashion collecting and garage sale season is almost here. The next cool item I find in your size.....I will send to you. Are you a 7 1/2 ???

Thanks again for the tip.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24