Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Double leather (leather lined) cuffs

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I don't understand why Aero line the cuff inside without leather. It's the only jacket I've ever seen or owned that does it. Fabric wears out and gets dirty and sweat stained. I can totally see why Insurrection Leather have all their custom Aero half belt cuffs leather lined.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I don't understand why Aero line the cuff inside without leather. It's the only jacket I've ever seen or owned that does it. Fabric wears out and gets dirty and sweat stained. I can totally see why Insurrection Leather have all their custom Aero half belt cuffs leather lined.

I'm under the impression that all Aero 30's HB's come standard with leather-lined cuffs. I specified leather-lined on my 30's HB (expecting to pay extra) and Amanda said they came that way standard.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
News to me, Gray. So it should. Maybe Aero changed their approach to cuffs over the years.

As far as I know, it is only standard on the 30's HB (or maybe on all jackets with a button cuff...are there other Aero button cuff jackets?). My Aero LHB doesn't have leather-lined cuffs.

Gambetto

Familiar Face
I'm not talking about storm cuffs. Different animal altogether. You guys lately have it right: double leather in the cuff. Perhaps it is only done on the 30's half belt. At any rate, I love Aero's products. Just curious about the extra heavy double leather cuff. It might not be standard. It was on a jacket I bought that was pre-made for someone else. Might have been a special order. I don't rightly know.

wdw

One Too Many
The Teamster has double leather cuffs. They're definitely stiffer and wrinkle more, but no big deal either way.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Mine was ordered for someone else but I can't imagine anyone saying, "no, I don't like how it comes, I'll have cotton instead."

Last edited:

Jaguar66

A-List Customer
What I don't get are jackets that have knit elastic cuffs, but with a piece of leather - about 1+1/2 inches thick, in between, where the knit cuffs seam would be. I used to have a flight bomber jacket like that...

Have you ever tried on one of these jackets? I tried one on one day while I was at Johnson Leather. I wondered what it was for. Then I took the jacket off. It is very useful for pulling the jacket off without pulling the knit. I thought, cool idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran