Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dry clean solvent odor neutralizer

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
yesterday I browse online and found local laundryshop chemical supplier, there I found this product, it is a spray on odor removal, but it is solventbase using dryclean solvent, it claims to eliminate odor, and fungus, bacterias.

I tried it on my jeans it kinda works great, I just washed my jeans and due to wet weather it doesn't smell fresh, it smells like stale detergent smell lingers in it, so I sprayed this on and inside the jeans, I needed to evacuate the room afterward since this solvent is I bet not healthy to inhale, but 10 minutes later I checked the smell is gone and smell neutral.

I tried waterbased odor eliminator from supermarket they don't work as good, and leave on "perfume" to mask the odour instead of just neutralizing.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
maybe the high percentage alcohol or solvent dilute and extract the oil/ fat causing smell and then it evaporates. maybe?

willyto

One Too Many
Never worked for me the Vodka trick. Some odours won't go away.

There's a self service laundry store around here that has an Ozone machine. I might give it a try with some old vintage clothes and see how it goes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters