Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Esquire's Big Black Book at newstands?

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Does anyone know if Esquire Magazine's Big Black Book is going to be available in bookstores this year, or by online order only?
I've seen ads to order it from their website, but I asked at Barnes & Noble last night and they had no information on the 2009 edition.

IMHO it's about the only thing decent Esquire has put out in recent years and I haven't missed a copy so far.

Nighthawk

One of the Regulars
I believe that I saw it on the newstand at Borders weekend before last in Minneapolis/St. Paul area.

NH

J. Musler

New in Town
Truth is, I was not too thrilled by it. It's basically a thicker Esquire magazine that (oddly enough) is silver, not black. It's contents are mostly fashion, some fashion tips, lots of watches it seems, and a focus on winter wear.

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
J. Musler said:
Truth is, I was not too thrilled by it. It's basically a thicker Esquire magazine that (oddly enough) is silver, not black. It's contents are mostly fashion, some fashion tips, lots of watches it seems, and a focus on winter wear.

The first one they made a year or two ago was black, then red, then white (or light blue, I don't recall 100%), now silver. I believe it comes out every six months. Once in the spring, & again in the fall.

Bruce Wayne

Son_of_Atropos said:
Is the Big Black Book like Esquire's Handbook for Hosts or Esquire's Encyclopedia of 20th Century Men's Fashions? Anyone familiar with the above mentioned books?

It is sort of like the encyclopedia in that it gives you tips on what pairs good with what (clothing & otherwise), it gives you etiquette guidelines on what to do when certian situations arise. For example, you suddenly discover that you have bad breath at a social gathering. You shoudl down a six ounce glass of water with a big wedge of lemon squeezed into it ( I know first hand that this works). In one of the issues it told you what common household items you shoudl use to remove what stains.

Thanx!!!
Charlie

Carlisle Blues

The Big Black Book is a style manual for men created by the editors of Esquire. It’s meant to be an entertaining guide to understanding the facets of modern fashion and social behavior. Beginning in 2009, the big Black Book will be issued twice a year, in both the spring and fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails