Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Extras Casting for Dillinger Film

Ben

One of the Regulars
Dear folks,

I found this information about Extras Casting for the Dillinger Film with Johnny Depp. Alas, I am too tall for what they are looking for, but I thought I would post this information here for anyone who might be interested.

The Universal feature film "Public Enemies" directed by Michael Mann, starring Johnny Depp and Christian Bale is searching for dancers to work as paid non-speaking extras. They will be shooting in the Chicago area this spring and need people who have experience in 1930s dance styles (two-step, ballroom) or the ability to pick up specific choreography quickly. Joan Philo Casting (www.joanphilocasting.com) has contacted us to help get the word out about their casting call this coming Thursday at Fizz.

If selected to be in the film, you must:

* be available for a two-night shoot (tentatively scheduled for May 13 and 14), plus one additional day for rehearsal and one additional day for wardrobe fitting. (FYI, night shoots begin sometime in the afternoon and go until early the next morning. They are searching for local area dancers, as film dates can change quickly, and they need to make sure they can get dancers to the set quickly.)
* be willing to let the hair department cut your hair as needed before the shoot date. (Men keep your hair long; Ladies, this will be a short 1930's style hairdo)

Because period wardrobe is involved, men must be no taller than 6'1. Women must be no taller than 5'8" and no larger than a size 12.

If you can dance and are willing to make this commitment, attend the casting call at Fizz on Thursday, March 6th to meet Joan and Clare.

If possible, dress and style your hair as if attending an upscale dance club in the 1930s. Look sharp and have fun with it! Even if you can't find a 1930s outfit, you should still come out and be seen!

Thursday, March 6th, 2008
7 - 10pm (anytime during these hours)

Fizz Bar & Grill
3220 N Lincoln Ave
Chicago IL

Please bring a recent color photograph and a pen with you. You will fill out a registration card.

Ben

One of the Regulars
Philo Casting

F.Y.I.

The information I posted matches a flier I saw posted in Fizz.

I looked at the Web site mentioned, and while it mentions the movie, I couldn't quite get it to load fully.

Stil, given Fizz hosts a swing night every Monday, it seems a logical place to look for these kind of extras.

If anyone happens to try out, let the Lounge know how it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff