Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Family photo.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, here is my favorite family photo of my Grandmother, Grandfather Smith and my Aunt taken about 1942 or so just before my Grandfather was shipped over seas to serve with the 8th Air Force.

This photo was mounted in it's original frame and I just scanned it in.

Enjoy!
smithfamily0yz.jpg

WR.

Wild Root

Gone Home
thanks bud! My grand folks were smart dressers then.

My grandfather was a radio man! He was into radio at an early age and staid with it into the war. He served the 8th as a radio tech and maintained all the radio equipment in B-17's B-24's P-51's P-47's and all the other aircraft that was used by the 8th.

After the war, my grandfather operated a radio station on Honolulu then moved in 1951 to Arizona where he managed a TV/radio station.

WR.

Mycroft

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
thanks bud! My grand folks were smart dressers then.

My grandfather was a radio man! He was into radio at an early age and staid with it into the war. He served the 8th as a radio tech and maintained all the radio equipment in B-17's B-24's P-51's P-47's and all the other aircraft that was used by the 8th.

After the war, my grandfather operated a radio station on Honolulu then moved in 1951 to Arizona where he managed a TV/radio station.

WR.

That is so cool. No wonder why you love radios.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Yes, I guess you could make that connection!

For fun, here is a photo of my Grandfather with his War buddy. I'm not sure what his name was but they sure had fun. I have another photo of him with my grandfather some where.

wwiismith0gq.jpg

WR.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Great looking photos Root

See from the notations on the frames that your family's from the same general neck of the woods as mine... I grew up on a ranch in southeastern Idaho. Never had the good sense to return.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Glad you guys like the photos! I keep these up around the house and they give me nice reminders of my family's history and also give the place a very authentic feel. I have some really rare photos that my Grandfather took wile over there that I'll post in another thread soon.

Take care,
WR.

Hondo

One Too Many
Very nice Root, I'm guess without meaning to sound dumb, just a "duh moment", but the little girl is your Mom? Looks it, I've been told I look like my Dad, at least I know I wasn't adopted (hee,hee,hee) great photo's, Thanks :cool:

Wild Root

Gone Home
Well, if you read the first post you'll read that the little girl is my Aunt. My Aunt was born in the late 30's. My mother was born in 1952. My Grandparents pictured are my Father's parents.

WR.

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wild Root's photoshop work is so good, the first thing I
thought when I saw the first picture is that he was at it again...

Hondo

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
Well, if you read the first post you'll read that the little girl is my Aunt. My Aunt was born in the late 30's. My mother was born in 1952. My Grandparents pictured are my Father's parents.

WR.

Hee,hee, hee, I see now, the image wasn't fully shown on my screen. Your Aunt looks alot like you, Your Mom is only a year older than I, its great you take interest in this period, I don't see the Jimmy Stewart likeness, but you could pass for band leader, Tommy or Jimmy Dorsey, all in all very good.

Wild Root

Gone Home
So you're saying I look like a little girl? :p I thought I look more like my Grandfather then my Aunt. ;)

Well, the avatar and some of the other photos don't show off my Stewart likeness much. I'll have to take a few different shots to support it.

Cheers,
WR

Hondo

One Too Many
Wild Root said:
So you're saying I look like a little girl? :p I thought I look more like my Grandfather then my Aunt. ;)

Well, the avatar and some of the other photos don't show off my Stewart likeness much. I'll have to take a few different shots to support it.

Cheers,
WR
LOL :p

Nahhh but you do have your (aww) Aunts cheeks, don't you agree gang? I am play'n with ya Root, your a real pro here, great talent, and dames you meet. Okay "Jimmy" I'll let you be, carry on old man ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran