Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fernandez y Roche Sevilla hats?

JDCrockett

New in Town
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
I was wondering if anyone can comment on these hats construction? I've seen several on Ebay and really like the styles, the prices vary wildly and the best description I see of construction is "wool blend." That being said the texture does look a bit like wool but the liners, sweatbands and general construction look very nice for wool, also no mentions in the pics I see of "wool" or "lano", but also no mention of fur or rabbit.I tend to be leary of wool constructions because of water damages and general longevity.If anybody has any input I would appreciate it.Do you suppose those stars are like x's?
s-l1600.jpg

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
Ha! This question seems made for me.
I have had Fernández y Roche and other sombreros cordobeses in my hands, and they are made of wool, and scratchy wool at that. One arrived to my brother-in-law's in Texas that I threw out when I touched it.

I found a couple made of rabbit in Spain, but they all felt cheap. They are made for tourists.
I asked Rick of Phoenix Hat company to make one for me in 100% beaver, and he did. It is beautiful. It is the first one, in brown. The black one is the one I threw out. I could've cleaned it, but it wasn't worth it.
23d50d4053332afbc766203cd1e315bb.jpg
da34586fb034ca7a559da1fd4ad9d91e.jpg

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner