Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Flourescent Lights equals color blind

I don't know what it is but I Have been to a number of suit places that have those industrial fluorescent lights that are solidly in the blue-green spectrum.

I can't tell the actual color of a suit at all in those places. My latest purchase I thought was "taupe" is more of a green of all things in actual sunlight. WOWZA!

I know that there are full spectrum flourescents, guys give my eyes a break, please!:cool:

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
It is a very tricky thing indeed-

I've worked in the fabric/garment trede for many years and always used a lightbox for cheking/matching shades for suitings and coordinates- it's amazing what a difference an array of differing strip lights can reveal. A black light can reveal overdyeing, among other secrets...

B
T

The one thing I hate about vintage shops - the lighting. I take everything to the front door to check for color, stains, holes, pilling, etc. It seems to me vintage shops don't have enough lights and most restaurants have too many. They need to get some exchange program going.

Regards,

Senator Jack

Wild Root

Gone Home
I know what you mean.

If you ask me, I'm the Anti fluorescent lighting man! It's all about incandescent baby! Natural light is the best but, so is a regular 40-100 watt bulb.

Ebay is also bad some times. You some times don't know the true color of the item till it comes!

=WR=

Color Chart card for Photos on EBAY

Sometimes I feel colorblind with ebay, is it blue, is it grey, is it green? Too much flash, it's washed out, not enough it's really dark. The fix is in though, there is this photographers color chart, on a card about the size of a credit card. The printing is to exacting standrds so the color squares are all the same from one card to the next, when comparing cards. The idea is if you put this card next to the object you are photgraphing, the photo shop type programs can be color shifted to correct the colors of the card in the photo and therefore everything else gets corrected.

The card however is about $60, so it would be hard to get everyone to get one, BUT it sure would HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy