Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FOR SALE - 1930's Morreton French Panama SIZE 7

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Up for sale is a really neat 1930's French Panama. I'm not sure what kind of straw this is, but its very light and airy. Overall the hat is clean, but could probably use a light sponging. Its not quite as "golden" in color as the pictures show, its more of an off white or cream color in real life. The straw is still soft and pliable and there are NO breaks. The sweatband is still very comfortable, but could probably use a little leather conditioner because its a little dry. Its NOT cracking. I don't wear this one as much as I thought I would, so its up for sale. With the summer coming up, I'm trying to clear out some room for new panamas. :)

The crown is not very tall, but it is very straight. If you look at 1930's French ads, you'll see that many panamas from that time had lower/straight sided crowns. Its truly a very nice hat. The ribbon still has the original basting stitches and the original cord faux wind trolley.

Crown: 4 3/8 inches at the highest point while creased. (about 5 1/8 open)

Brim: 2 1/8 inches wide

Ribbon: 1 5/8 inches wide

Circumference: 22 - 22 1/8 inches (Size 7)

I'm asking $95 SHIPPED to anywhere in the CONUS

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
Doesnt seem to be any intrest for this one. Im just going to keep it. Maybe it will see more head time this summer.

Garrett

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was late to the party on this one :eusa_doh: Oh well, its a great hat and you should definitely keep that one, Josh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael