Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Belstaff War of the Worlds "Hero", Belstaff Dark Night, Vanson early "House" Model B

G'c

Familiar Face
Dear All,

First time sale here. I have acquired the captioned jackets a few years ago. They have served me well and worn by me lovingly, but it is time to let them go so to fund for my other purchases, given expenses for a new baby is killing me as well :(

For reference, I am 178 cm tall around 72 kg. These jackets all fit me well, not tight and not loose, and I would still wear them but for needing the funds.

Shipping will be tracked shipping from Hong Kong and will be US 30 per jacket (already making a loss here). However, if you buy more than one jacket from me, shipping will be US 15.

1. First up, a Belstaff War of the Worlds "Hero" SUMMER edition - Size SMALL. Looking for US 465.

Near Perfect Condition. Even comes with the metal "dog tag". Unfortunately, there is a slight tear/stitching came off of the lining near the right armpit (see final pic). This was already there when I bought it as it was on sale at the time (Harrods, London)

Measurements (in inches, laying flat on a flat surface):
Shoulder to Shoulder (Trying my best to measure here, no shoulder seams) - 18.5 (give or take)
Chest to Chest (front) - 20.5
Sleeve length (Trying my best to measure here, no shoulder seams) - 25.5 (give or take)
Body Length (front) - including collar, 25.2
Body Length (back) - under collar, 22.9

Pics below:

2. Belstaff Dark Night - Size SMALL. Looking for US 700.

In Great Condition. However, some stitching of the inner pocket came off (see pic). Button of the pocket also came off but can be stitched back (see pic).

Shoulder to Shoulder - 20 (Please note the cutting of this jacket makes the shoulder seam fall abit on your forearm rather than your shoulder, therefore even if I usually wear size 38 leather jackets (17.5 to 18 shoulder length), this jacket fits me well)
Chest to Chest (front) - 19.5
Sleeve length (from shoulder seam) - 24.5 (give or take since sleeve is "bent")
Body Length (front) - including collar, 25
Body Length (back) - under collar, 24.5

2. Vanson Model B "House" (early version - thinner stripes, made in USA), competition weight, comes with removable fleece liner - Size 38. Fully broken in (so you don't need to do it yourself). I know some people on here hate artificial distressing. If so, this jacket is not for you. Looking for US 455.

In Great Condition. Hand Distressed by myself (see this: http://FILMJACKETS.COM/forum/viewtopic. ... &start=465 on how it's done). Jacket has been through shower twice, alcohol being rubbed off the jacket, hardware been sanded first, then shoe polish applied. Same thing to the stripes). However, inner lining of right arm is torn. I never repaired it as it didn't affect the comfort at all. This is my grail jacket (yes, even more so than my belstaffs), as I have a love/hate relationship breaking in this jacket.

Shoulder to Shoulder - 17.5
Chest to Chest (front) - 20.5
Sleeve length (from shoulder seam) - 25.5
Body Length (front) - including collar, 27
Body Length (back) - under collar, 24.25

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks god that Dark Knight is a size too small for me....

Good luck with the sales, these are usually pretty sought after models. Have you tried posting them over at filmjackets.com?

Thats where the guys obsessed with these jackets, the Dark Knight and Hero in particular hang out. I'd say they would get snapped up pretty quickly over there.

I was just thinking the same thing. Had this jacket on my wish list for quite a while...

What's truly alarming is that I'm seriously considering the house jacket, even though I have the exact same one, in the exact same size but with patches. But I just love that jacket so much...

What's that stuff about thin stripes, though? Seems the same as on my jacket... Did they change that?

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I saw it and thought....crap, how can I justify 4 black cafe racers lol. Then I saw it was too small....made my day lol

G'c

Familiar Face

Good luck with the sales, these are usually pretty sought after models. Have you tried posting them over at filmjackets.com?

Thats where the guys obsessed with these jackets, the Dark Knight and Hero in particular hang out. I'd say they would get
snapped up pretty quickly over there.

Thanks for the kind comments! Yes I did post in filmjackets too, but activity was quite quiet there recently...

I was just thinking the same thing. Had this jacket on my wish list for quite a while...

What's truly alarming is that I'm seriou
sly considering the house jacket, even though I have the exact same one, in the exact same size but with patches. But I just love that jacket so much...

What's that stuff about thin stripes, though? Seems the same as on my jacket... Did they change that?

Lol there can never be too many jackets. Yes the thinner stripes are on the earliest version of the jackets, where logans closet made them. They change it quite shortly after wards so that the stripes are thicker and the space in between the stripes are lesser. If you have a size 38 before all the above jackets should fit you well. *wink wink shameless plug.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner