Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Cajun Hatter Custom Hat 7 1/2 Resistol Body

larevacholiere

New in Town
Hello all,

This custom hat is up for sell on ebay, post here for more visability.

I got this hat from ebay, the maker claimed that he used a vintage resistol beaver body, however don't know the percentage of the mix. The felt feels nice and soft, much better than most rabbit felt or recent made hats.

This hat has a 3 inches wide brim and 5 inches height crown.

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/155448711769

I also listed a Stetson cap there, feel free to make a bid if interested.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello all,

This custom hat is up for sell on ebay, post here for more visability.

I got this hat from ebay, the maker claimed that he used a vintage resistol beaver body, however don't know the percentage of the mix. The felt feels nice and soft, much better than most rabbit felt or recent made hats.

This hat has a 3 inches wide brim and 5 inches height crown.

Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/155448711769

I also posted a stetson caps there, feel free to make a bid if interested.
Is that dirt along the brim? Could you explain what is going on with the sweat band seam? Has it been repaired or??

larevacholiere

New in Town
No, the hat came like this, I asked the maker the same question when I wanted to make a bid for it. I believe he might have used like water and fire for such distressed effect, it even smell like burned matches when it arrived.

Last edited:
No, the hat came like this, I asked the maker the same question when I wanted to make a bid for it. I believe he might have used like water and fire for such distressed effect, it even smell like burned matches when it arrived.
So has the sweat band at the seam been repaired/resewn? Is it a leather patch lain overtop?

larevacholiere

New in Town
No, the hat was made to be like this, the sweatband, the ribbon, the distressed effect, the patched sweatband, I didn't modify/repair none of them. The dude made this kind of sweatband for all of his hats, I think he might take this as a kind of signature or something, it's a little weird but interesting to me. Btw It's not a leather patch, it's actually cloth.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ormbingley