Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS / FT: FQHH Highwayman sz.40 (black)

Four months old modified FQHH black Highwayman. Bought directly from Aero. First owner. Worn about 20 times. Perfect condition.

Here's the deal. I love this jacket, I really do. It's the best I've had from Aero. It's also too big. I thought it will work out. Hoped, tried, gave it a chance, everything... But it doesn't work. When I got it was still stiff and kept its form so I thought it's okay... But the more I wear it, I can tell this jacket definitely isn't for me. I've fastened the side buckles all the way and the jacket is still dancing around my hips. And that's what I get for $1200, how much the jacket was, due to the mods and all. I don't want have it tailored and waste even more money on shipping the thing back and forth, nor whine about it to Aero again. I'm sick of it all and I really feel like an idiot at this point...

I was aware this jacket was boxy and boxy fit isn't a problem. Drooping shoulders are. And I even sized down on this one. I'm 42, this is 40. Go figure.

As for the mods, I've had it resemble HWM Rick from Filmjackets.com has, except that the zippers are on the top of the sleeves. Wanted a British touch to it.

Made from heaviest HH I've seen (even says so on the production sheet, that the best and heaviest hide is to be used for this jacket, the jacket is close to 7lbs), ball and chain zippers, Talon main, red lining... What else? Measurements; 26" sleeves, 25" back, 22.5 / 23" chest, ditto for the waist, 19" shoulders.

Condition; perfect. Just creases in the arms, is all.

You get the jacket, original box, all the paperwork, Aero tab with makers name... The whole package. Might as well bought it brand new.

Photos: http://s866.photobucket.com/user/DogLizard/library/Highwayman Last

Thing is, if I sell it, I definitely won't be spending the money on another jacket because I'm giving up on this... hobby. However, if there are any takers, tell you what; I'd love to trade it for a Vanson Model A (only jacket I was perfect happy with until I lost weight and had to sell it). So if you have one in sz. 40, we can do a straight exchange. Model B will do, too.

Or, buy me a Vanson Model A and this jacket is yours. They're less than $600. I don't want a zip-out liner or nothing, just a regular Model A sz. 40. That's less than half a price I paid for this jacket. I'll cover the shipping.

That's it. Thanks for reading. Cheers.

Bighatlaw

One of the Regulars
Sorry to hear about your luck in this one Monitor. Maybe I missed it, but did you list a price your looking to get? Thx.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
You know, Aero takes used jackets back for half the original price or maybe a little less - I'm not sure about the exact percentage, but it should be something of that magnitude. They don't advertise it at the moment because they're trying to reduce their inventory of used jackets, but they still take them. On the market, half the price would be on the cheap side, I think.

You know, Aero takes used jackets back for half the original price or maybe a little less - I'm not sure about the exact percentage, but it should be something of that magnitude. They don't advertise it at the moment because they're trying to reduce their inventory of used jackets, but they still take them. On the market, half the price would be on the cheap side, I think.

It was my understanding that offer was only when trading in a used Aero on a new Aero jacket (?).
HD

Bighatlaw, around $600. That's exactly half of what I paid for it. It's really the lowest I would go, considering this jacket is just a few months old and how much it has been worn. I couldn't find a cheaper one on the bay, ATM. And it's a top jacket! It arrived with the summer, I had no chance to wear it all that much... Until these last two weeks which is when I came to a realization that it's too large.

Rabbit, I already tried returning that other HWM I'm selling but they're swamped ATM, since the trial. They've got too many jackets to move so at this point they're not too keen on taking any. What HD said, right now they only shave whatever they decide the jacket's worth, off the price of a new jacket. Just lousy timing. But you're right, usually they take these jackets at half a price. Which is what I'm selling it for. And also, I don't want to go through all this again, explaining what's wrong and why I haven't said anything earlier... And I just wanted it to work.

That's why I'd just prefer a straight exchange. Jacket for a jacket. I'm not wasting any more money on this.

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Yeah, $600 really is the lowest you should go. It's a very reasonable price, to say the least.

They've got too many jackets to move so at this point they're not too keen on taking any.

I heard about that, but I was under the impression that they merely don't advertise it anymore. Something I read on one of their pages, could have been a social networking page. Anyway, I see what you mean. No fuss and all that.

Thank you kindly, Rabbit. :) Aye, $600 is the lowest I'll go. That's what the Model A costs, I'm hoping on making a straight exchange (I understand this may seem stupid but I'm just tired of it all) but if there won't be any takers, I'll keep it. Cheers!

Again, would prefer a trade for a decent CR. Preferably Vanson Model A or B but any good CR will do, just as long as the measurements work.

b_brown_front.jpg

641xx-60s-stand.jpg

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Sorry to hear it doesn't fit, if it was a size smaller I probably go for it but then again, you wouldn't be selling it.
Any particular reason you didn't go through Thurston Bros and the whole fit jacket/fit guarantee?

Sorry to hear it doesn't fit, if it was a size smaller I probably go for it but then again, you wouldn't be selling it.
Any particular reason you didn't go through Thurston Bros and the whole fit jacket/fit guarantee?

I'm in Europe. Doesn't really make much sense to me. They did advise me on the fit, but by the time I asked, it was too late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou