Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Late 40s / early 50s DB suit - Size 44 x 39" waist

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
In the last year, I've dropped 2 1/2 suit sizes. As such, this suit is far too big for me now and outside of the range of what can be altered to my size. I thought I'd give my fellow FLoungers a chance at this suit before I take the eBay route.

From my personal collection comes this flashy horizon blue bold look suit. Details include:

- Enormous "bellied" lapels
- Sham cuff buttons
- Hollywood waist trousers
- Orange windowpane check w/ light blue double stripes

There are two flaws, as noted in the pictures; these look like period (home) repairs and are located one on each. When worn, they aren't obvious, as you can see from the first picture (note the larger of the two, on the right sleeve level with the hip pocket).
I would like $200 for this suit, which will include USPS Priority shipping w/ insurance and signature confirmation. Anyone outside the U.S., please drop me a line and I'll look up shipping costs.

The measurements are as follows:

Jacket
Chest = 47"
Waist = 44"
Sleeve = 25"
Total length, including collar = 32"
Length, from bottom of collar = 30 1/2"
Shoulders = 19"

Trousers
Waist = 39" + 1.5"
Inseam = 31 3/4" + 1/2"
Outseam = 43 1/4"
Rise = 11 1/2"

The fine print:
Payment by PayPal
Please no calling "dibs" if you're not 110% committed to buying
I work full-time (and long hours) and will make every effort to ship ASAP, which might mean until the soonest following weekend

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
Last chance folks. I have my eyes on an amazing 1930s tweed suit at my buddy's vintage store. I likely take this suit in as "trade bait" really soon...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy