Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Late 50s/Early 60s Schott Perfecto Eisenhower #683S - Medium

AHP91

Practically Family
After much internal debate, I have decided to list for sale this quite rare late 1950's/early 1960s "ribbon-label" Schott Perfecto Eisenhower in medium (no size tag, so please take note of measurements listed below). Hardly needing an introduction, Schott NYC was established in 1913 and has become synonymous with the highest quality American-made leather apparel. Schott NYC has largely been credited with creating the first ever leather motorcycle jacket. Schott leather jackets have been worn by motorcyclist enthusiasts and celebrities alike, and have become a major symbol of the counterculture movement within the United States and across the globe.

This is not a reproduction ribbon-label Perfecto by Schott - this is the real deal from the late 50's/early 60's. Perfectos in the late 50s early 60s are generally considered toward the "peak" of Schott Perfecto craftsmanship, before quality tended to decline in the 70's and 80's due to increased demand to keep up with sales. The late 1950s and early 1960s Perfectos were crafted with attention to detail and durability, using high-quality materials. The robust construction, premium leather, and sturdy hardware of these jackets have stood the test of time, making them highly sought after by collectors who appreciate craftsmanship and quality.

As time passes, finding well-preserved late 1950s and early 1960s Perfectos becomes increasingly difficult. This particularly rare model jacket is an example of one in overall very good condition. Original hardware (zippers and buttons) works well, the sheepskin lining is overall good (slight wear at the collar as pictured), the leather of the jacket is overall excellent. No holes, no dry leather, no cracking, no torn seams can be found. All stitching remains good and tight. A true collectors piece through and through which has many many years of functional use ahead of it.

Later editions of this Schott Eisenhower jacket often featured a sleeve zipper and a boot pile lining. Judging from the Talon zipper, the sheepskin lining, and the absence of the sleeve zipper, one can pretty firmly conclude this is one of the earliest versions of this jacket.

No foul odors, zipper tape is good and strong, leather is overall very good, no holes in the pockets, no torn seams. Even the original leather pull on the main zip remains. Here's your chance to own a historically significant U.S. motorcycle jacket by an iconic brand at a quite reasonable price. Price is $350 shipped in the continental U.S. Jacket will be shipped quickly via USPS.

PLEASE NOTE - I'm listing this jacket here for a couple days before it'll go on to eBay. It seems others on here sell modern mutilated Schott Perfecto 618s, etc. for more than what I'm asking for this quite rare Schott jacket. These rarer Schott jackets usually generate quite a bit of interest on Ebay, and if no one picks it up here, I'm sure it'll probably go to Japan as these jackets are usually listed for quite a bit more in much worse condition. In the time that I've bought this jacket, I've seen only maybe one or two of the later edition Eisenhowers (in worse condition) listed for about twice my asking price.

Any questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Armpit to armpit: 21.5"
Shoulder to shoulder - 18.75"
Sleeve length measured straight from shoulder seam: 23.25"

Bottom of collar to bottom (back): 23.5"
Bottom of collar to bottom (front): 24.25"
Bottom hem: 19"

Please allow a small degree of difference due to human error
W19.jpg

W22.jpg
W21.jpg
W20.jpg
W18.jpg
W17.jpg
W16.jpg

Last edited:

Claudio Pellerito

Familiar Face
After much internal debate, I have decided to list for sale this quite rare late 1950's/early 1960s "ribbon-label" Schott Perfecto Eisenhower in medium (no size tag, so please take note of measurements listed below). Hardly needing an introduction, Schott NYC was established in 1913 and has become synonymous with the highest quality American-made leather apparel. Schott NYC has largely been credited with creating the first ever leather motorcycle jacket. Schott leather jackets have been worn by motorcyclist enthusiasts and celebrities alike, and have become a major symbol of the counterculture movement within the United States and across the globe.

This is not a reproduction ribbon-label Perfecto by Schott - this is the real deal from the late 50's/early 60's. Perfectos in the late 50s early 60s are generally considered toward the "peak" of Schott Perfecto craftsmanship, before quality tended to decline in the 70's and 80's due to increased demand to keep up with sales. The late 1950s and early 1960s Perfectos were crafted with attention to detail and durability, using high-quality materials. The robust construction, premium leather, and sturdy hardware of these jackets have stood the test of time, making them highly sought after by collectors who appreciate craftsmanship and quality.

As time passes, finding well-preserved late 1950s and early 1960s Perfectos becomes increasingly difficult. This particularly rare model jacket is an example of one in overall very good condition. Original hardware (zippers and buttons) works well, the sheepskin lining is overall good (slight wear at the collar as pictured), the leather of the jacket is overall excellent. No holes, no dry leather, no cracking, no torn seams can be found. All stitching remains good and tight. A true collectors piece through and through which has many many years of functional use ahead of it.

Later editions of this Schott Eisenhower jacket often featured a sleeve zipper and a boot pile lining. Judging from the Talon zipper, the sheepskin lining, and the absence of the sleeve zipper, one can pretty firmly conclude this is one of the earliest versions of this jacket.

No foul odors, zipper tape is good and strong, leather is overall very good, no holes in the pockets, no torn seams. Even the original leather pull on the main zip remains. Here's your chance to own a historically significant U.S. motorcycle jacket by an iconic brand at a quite reasonable price. Price is $350 shipped in the continental U.S. Jacket will be shipped quickly via USPS.

PLEASE NOTE - I'm listing this jacket here for a couple days before it'll go on to eBay. It seems others on here sell modern mutilated Schott Perfecto 618s, etc. for more than what I'm asking for this quite rare Schott jacket. These rarer Schott jackets usually generate quite a bit of interest on Ebay, and if no one picks it up here, I'm sure it'll probably go to Japan as these jackets are usually listed for quite a bit more in much worse condition. In the time that I've bought this jacket, I've seen only maybe one or two of the later edition Eisenhowers (in worse condition) listed for about twice my asking price.

Any questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Armpit to armpit: 21.5"
Shoulder to shoulder - 18.75"
Sleeve length measured straight from shoulder seam: 23.25"

Bottom of collar to bottom (back): 23.5"
Bottom of collar to bottom (front): 24.25"
Bottom hem: 19"

Please allow a small degree of difference due to human error View attachment 553313

View attachment 553315 View attachment 553316 View attachment 553317 View attachment 553318 View attachment 553319 View attachment 553320
Let me know if you can ship to Italy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner