Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Stetson Premier Stratoliner 7 1/8

hambone71

Practically Family
For sale is this modern Stetson Premier Royal De Luxe Stratoliner in 7 1/8. The color is Cornhill. Condition is good. No holes, no moth nips, no stains or spots. This hat has gotten some wear. The gold embossing has been worn off the sweat band and the liner is loose. The flange is very shallow, borderline flat. The felt on the crown feels thick and substantial. Lots of life left.

Price is $95 plus exact cost of shipping. PM or comment with any questions on this or any of my hats for sale.

Attachments

• IMG_5929.jpeg
    IMG_5929.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 103
  • IMG_5930.jpeg
    IMG_5930.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_5931.jpeg
    IMG_5931.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_5932.jpeg
    IMG_5932.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 101

hambone71

Practically Family
Bump. This is a great hat. Only selling because my collection is growing and my current preferences are vintage. I’m making room for future hats. If you want a good wearing modern Stratoliner in Royal De Luxe at a great price, send me a PM.

GatineauRoss

New in Town
For sale is this modern Stetson Premier Royal De Luxe Stratoliner in 7 1/8. The color is Cornhill. Condition is good. No holes, no moth nips, no stains or spots. This hat has gotten some wear. The gold embossing has been worn off the sweat band and the liner is loose. The flange is very shallow, borderline flat. The felt on the crown feels thick and substantial. Lots of life left.

Price is $95 plus exact cost of shipping. PM or comment with any questions on this or any of my hats for sale.
Are you the original owner? How old is the hat?

hambone71

Practically Family
No I'm not the original owner. But this premiere stratoliner is a modern hat. I'm not sure what year those came into production but I'd guess it's no more that 7 - 10 years old. @GatineauRoss

hambone71

Practically Family
Do you know how the shape of this version of Stratoliner compares to the Stratoliner B version?
Sorry, I don’t know how it compares to the Strat B, as I have never held one.

This particular hat was sold as an open crown. Only one previous owner before me and he didn’t know how to shape a crown and was never happy with it. I re-shaped it to my liking once I got it in my hands. He had flattened the flange somewhat, with an iron, I’m guessing. I was OK with that because I’m not crazy about a deep flange on my brims. The felt on the crown feels very thick and substantial. This hat can take a lot of abuse.

The liner will stay in the hat as is, but it’s not really attached anywhere. It’s a good hat and I am happy with it but it’s taking up precious space. My preferences have evolved more into the vintage market.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner