Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Grunow Radio

K

kpreed

Welcome!

Welcome and I hope you enjoy the Lounge.
Your radio must be great. Please post a photo of it when you can. I know I for sure would love to see it!:eusa_clap

ll34

New in Town
Majestic 460 or 463 radio question

Slightly off-topic, but since Grunow also marketed radios under the Majestic name:

I recently purchased what was advertised as a 1934 Majestic 460 Chrome Grill. It's a relatively small (about 13" x 13") tombstone style radio with amazing art deco styling (although there is a tag on the back from an earlier collector indicating the year as 1933).

Here is my question that perhaps a radio collector of greater wizdom than I may know: The label on the chassis has the model number 460, but a label on the inside of the wood case has the model number 463. Is this a marriage of two un-related radios or did Majestic number chassis and cases separately?

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Not mine...

But, same set:

1937 Grunow All Wave model 1191
grunow01c.jpg

Love that dial!
grunow01b.jpg

Don't have any photos of "mine" but those will work for now. One thing about that set is that it has a real rich sound! 12 speaker and that wood cabinet is just amazing! Powerful radio she be!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR