Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats

ScottFree

Suspended
Can you guys direct me to the better or best modern hats available? I need to replace several very old hats. Also does anyone care to trade any 7 5/8 size vintage or new hats to brand new vintage 7 3/8 hats ?

Cheers

Scott

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Very powerful question. If you are looking for an all purpose hatter that is by no means an amateur, then Call Graham Thompson at Optimo hats in Chicago. He has studied hats for years, especially vintage and can pretty muc recreate whatever you want whether it be a homburg or a bound edge fedora. Underwelts and overwelts as well.
Though remember, no hatter has yet to equal the quality of many of the vintage hats that were made in the golden era. If you are looking for a self felted edge like on Bogart's hats, that is something still yet to be recreated by a modern hatter.

There are other hatters out there, and many on the scene know much more about cowboy hats than dress hats so beware. Good hunting!

Self felted edge.
57.26.jpg

check out
www.optimohats.com

ScottFree

Suspended
Thank you very much. I have seen this name but did not have a web link. I understand they are near vintage hats. I know the self felted edge well. It is one of my favorites. I have several of them. I am saddened to hear they are no more available.

On another note of concern, I registered here and hoped my screen name would be ScottFree and not the entire name . Can any one help me repair this?

Cheers

Scott

Canadave

One Too Many
Scott Freeman said:
...On another note of concern, I registered here and hoped my screen name would be ScottFree and not the entire name . Can any one help me repair this?

Cheers

Scott

I REALLY doubt you'll be able to do this. You should probably re-register while you only have 2 posts. Maybe a moderator will delete your original username.

Welcome, btw!

David

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR