Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heavily Modded Veste de Rallaye

wdw

One Too Many
Worf, I think sleeves are a personal thing. We all need to go for what feels right for us, rather than what other people tell us.

I think yours are fine and preferable to short ones, but I totally accept you feel different.

I've seen sleeves on here I'd say were definitely too short, but the owners said they wanted it that way and were obviously happy with them, which is how it should be.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I remember Will saying to me that I should give it a year with my jacket and then, if the cuffs still felt too long, I could send it back and have it adjusted. If you think they've shortened as much as they're going to go, I'd be tempted to lose 0.75" - 1" (but that's just me squinting at the your pic).

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Dave, to me the sleeves look just under 1" too long. I think that you can put some tape or use some type of temporary method of determining exactly what length works for you. Comfort level of sleeves is a very personal thing. If the sleeves feel too long to you and are uncomfortable, then the sleeves are too long. Be careful who does the work, and take care that too much is not lopped off. Keep in mind that you can always have the sleeves made shorter but not longer.

I will say that all of us on the FL wish that we could have come across the dynamite jackets that you have picked up at bargain prices. Every now and then one can hit a home run but not one with bases loaded as you have done recently.

oneterrifichog

Practically Family
Hey Fanch... Here's a photo of the unmoded sleeves. You see my left sleeve is all the way over the second thumb knuckle. What would you say about an incho too long or only 1/2 or so?

IMG_1040_zps6ea51aa9.jpg

Worf

Hey Worf,

How comfortable are the sleeves when driving? To me that's always the key. I can't stand driving my truck with the sleeves up to my wrist (same with my bike). To me they look fine, but that's just my opinion.

Wilbur

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Wilbur, you have seen my long arms; every jacket that I own has sleeves at my elbows when I am driving. :D

schitzo

Suspended
Worf I had the same situation with my 50s halfbelt. In my opinion you want the sleeves to be this length

riverfestival2012016.jpg

Basically, if you look at the space between your thumb knuckle and where the very base of it meets your wrist I am suggesting that you want the sleeve to finish in the middle; equidistant to those two points

Last edited:

Worf

I'll Lock Up
LOL tough crowd. The sleeves are too long but I think I'll just do the clippy thing and save myself the worrry of cutting. When they're pinned they're just fine. As for my shirttail... it wasn't it's a sweater from my older... fatter days. Soos Pbbssst to youse all!

Worf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80