Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hello Ladies!

MJistheBOMB

New in Town
I've been lurking for a few days and I HAD to join and introduce myself :) I'm Monique, I'm 21 years old and...I've been hit by the vintage bug. LOL :).

This passed Friday, two friends and I went to a bar in San Diego (my friend wanted to see a band that was to be playing that night) and there were a few "greaser" guys and a few girls dressed in 50s inspired attire and had vintage hair-styles that I thought was really cute :). One girl had on a pencil skirt that totally caught my attention and I had to ask her where she got it. "Ebay..." she said. Sure enough, I checked Ebay and saw the exact one she was wearing. LOL. I swear, you find some GREAT stuff on Ebay :)

skirts-pencil.jpg

I don't know much about all this vintage stuff yet but, I'm beginning to fall in love with the fashions of the 30s, 40s and 50s. Let's face it...the clothes worn in those times were so much more beautiful than what we see today :). Women in those times proved that you don't have to show a lot of skin to be sexy and I really admire that.

74381900_l.jpg

I'm a big girl (size 14) so I'd probably look a little riduclous in vintage attire right now but, you better believe that when I drop the weight (which I will because I just joined Curves, a gym for women) I'll start wearing the vintage look. I already know my weakness will be pencil skirts and vintage hats. LOL...they're gorgeous.

I'm going to also start experiementing with vintage hair-styles soon. I put two pin curls in my hair last night as an experiment and took them out this morning and they turned out nice :). Any vintage hair-styling tips you can give me would be great...especially for a black woman, since my hair texture is different :)

Thanks and take care!

Monique

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Welcome! I'm so glad you've found us!

I can't wait to see you getting vintage! Regardless of anyone's size, vintage always, always looks good! I love the picture of you! I can see 50's written all over you! I think you've chosen the perfect era!, and with a 40's pompadour, you would look smashing!

Oh, no! The Ebay madness is spreading! I (as well as some other ladies here) am thouroughly addicted! The thing about Ebay is that it's just too easy! No more searching high and low through antique stores for months or even years! Now we can find what we're looking for at the click of the button (and promptly move onto more things, unfortunately). I better stop before I go on a tangent!

It's good to have you here!

MJistheBOMB

New in Town
:)

Thank you Lauren, I'm glad to be here :) I agree about Ebay....it's so easy to find things.

Monique

Jessica

One of the Regulars
Hi Monique! I hope you enjoy the forum. I agree, Ebay is wonderful and way too fun!!

Naama

Practically Family
Hi Monique (marvelous name!)!
Welcome to the forum, I hope you'll enjoy it here! I also think that a pompadour would look great on you, go on and try it! Start trying on vintage hairdos as soon as possible, because they'll take long to handle (well, at least for me)! ?Ǭ¥

bye, Naama!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner