Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help My Soda King Siltzer Bottle Stopped.

K

kpreed

I need help please. My Soda King syphon will not work. I put in a new charger, but the top button will not move. I think it is time to clean it, but I can not find a diagram of the syphon, so I want to wait till I find one. Anyone know these?
Thanks
I have no camera, so if it helps I can describe it.

K

kpreed

seltzer.jpg

:eusa_doh:
I found one like mine on the internet, so here it is.
The push button on the very top is stuck.
Thank You!

K

kpreed

Thanks for your idea, I will oil a bunch of stuff when I take it all apart, just do not really do much till I know more about it.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Information, Please

This looks like the right place for my question- Would the FL'ers in the know recommend a seltzer bottle or system? I would very much like to begin to use one in the Hood Home.

K

kpreed

Thank you for the links.
What kind did you get Kitty?
My bottle was just build up from non water use, now it works fine after some cleaning.

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
kpreed said:
Thank you for the links.
What kind did you get Kitty?
My bottle was just build up from non water use, now it works fine after some cleaning.

Glad to hear you got your problem resolved!

I ended up not getting one. I did the math and realized that it would cost me a lot more money to buy the charger refills than it would to just buy $0.79 2L bottles of seltzer at the grocery store. Someday if I live in a place that allows me to entertain, I'll highly consider getting one, but for the time being, it's the money that matters most.

K

kpreed

KittyT said:
Glad to hear you got your problem resolved!

I ended up not getting one. I did the math and realized that it would cost me a lot more money to buy the charger refills than it would to just buy $0.79 2L bottles of seltzer at the grocery store. Someday if I live in a place that allows me to entertain, I'll highly consider getting one, but for the time being, it's the money that matters most.
Yes I understand, it does take a bit of time now to recover the high cost of most old things now days and is not funny. Keep looking though (even newer or pretty new is alright by my standards), I really love mine and the things I can make with it seem endless, now if I can keep the wrong kind of stuff out of it...:rage:

KittyT

I'll Lock Up
kpreed said:
Yes I understand, it does take a bit of time now to recover the high cost of most old things now days and is not funny. Keep looking though (even newer or pretty new is alright by my standards), I really love mine and the things I can make with it seem endless, now if I can keep the wrong kind of stuff out of it...:rage:

It's not the recoverable cost of the siphon itself that has affected my decision. The problem for me is that I will literally go through a 2L of soda water in 2 days or less when I have it. I pay roughly $0.40 per Liter at the grocery store, and from what I've seen, a 10 pack of chargers, which will charge 10L, costs about $7 + shipping, so $0.70/L before shipping. After shipping, that will come out to a cost of more than twice what I'm currently paying!

K

kpreed

I sure see your point. The cost of chargers for any bottle can be high and I know because my maker was long gone years ago. I buy new old stock from the mid-1970's and even as 10 chargers of that brand is still around $7-8 shipping can really hurt.
My amount of soda used per week is not what yours is, if it was I would do store soda too, but my point is not total cost as you may have me on that, but all the other things it can do that I had know idea of. I never look at the total price and I am sure it is higher, but I do like the bubbles it makes every day in my juice and I do use one bottle/charger a week.
P.S. My bottle is a quart not even a liter!

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Try calling restaurant suppliers in your area, or perhaps the suppliers that sell and service ice cream and soda machines, maybe they can help with some info.

I got lucky and bought a metal seltzer bottle and cartridges for eight dollars in a local antique mall.

I've heard our largest liquor chain sells new cartridges, I'll have to stop by their main store and see how much they cost.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Second thoughts

Hmmm, after looking at the economics, p'raps I'll pass on the soda siphon seltzer situation. Finance-wise, it's better to buy the tonic and club soda at the local supermarket.

Several years ago a friend of ours, originally from Argentina, introduced us to the spritzer habit. We were able to get deliveries, from one of his buddies, in those blue and clear plastic bottles. We dropped the service when we found we couldn't use up all the bubbly water. Can't remember the name of the dealer now...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic