Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help wanted to identify USN foul weather coat/parka with alpaca WW2

4444Design

One of the Regulars
friend of mine offered me a coat/parka i've never seen before

The shell is in a kind of water repellant, coated fabric - lighter than N1 material
The alpaca-liner is in remarkably good condition with only some smaller "bald" spots
Size is 44

Anyone any idea about the correct nomenclature or able to identify the year of the contract no?

I2uvDWg.jpg

S7YEP3W.jpg

jW8QPXO.jpg

R5NeQv2.jpg

y2YeTN2.jpg

R0QDSdu.jpg

Observe

One Too Many
friend of mine offered me a coat/parka i've never seen before

The shell is in a kind of water repellant, coated fabric - lighter than N1 material
The alpaca-liner is in remarkably good condition with only some smaller "bald" spots
Size is 44

Anyone any idea about the correct nomenclature or able to identify the year of the contract no?

I2uvDWg.jpg

S7YEP3W.jpg

jW8QPXO.jpg

R5NeQv2.jpg

y2YeTN2.jpg

R0QDSdu.jpg
I did some quick searching on this site: https://www.usww2uniforms.com/USNcontractNoQuery.php

0a5e8a65bf96461f4d43cdace6e7448f.png

Pretty cool jacket you've got there!

Observe

One Too Many
WOW!

That was quick ...
Happy to help out.

To think this jacket was made under austere wartime conditions 80 years ago, mass-produced for rapid distribution, and for it to still be in perfectly wearable condition, speaks to the skills of the workers and the quality of the materials.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner