Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Stetson 150th Anniversary Premier (open crown) Royal DeLuxe Quality Whippet in "Sage." Lovely gift from Mr Jeremy Garner.
bc7c5ac226f37931e7e2f242631f34d8.jpg
84cff6f1f9dee5295015c885f6257260.jpg
39d8dcdfd333a0b5ba98f4ee4fe5a430.jpg
6ded3f2ff17abb0ff472044d9886966e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I was guessing the 90s but wasn't sure and just thought If i could get some background on it that would be cool. I posted it in the ask a question get an answer thread like you suggested.

The Stetson Temple appeared in the early 90s when Stetson lost the license for official Indiana Jones hats they'd had since Temple of Doom. They took their Indy hat, changed it just slightly, and gave it a name that left very little question about what style it was supposed to reflect. (Of course, the Temple is a pretty lame Indy hat, but that's a separate issue.)

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
The Stetson Temple appeared in the early 90s when Stetson lost the license for official Indiana Jones hats they'd had since Temple of Doom. They took their Indy hat, changed it just slightly, and gave it a name that left very little question about what style it was supposed to reflect. (Of course, the Temple is a pretty lame Indy hat, but that's a separate issue.)
This was just what I was looking for. Thank you for the enlightenment on this. I am trying to learn as much as I can... :)

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Sure, happy to help. I had a Temple for a long time, it was a good hat. I just sold it to another Lounger last year to help finance its custom-made replacement.
Temples were my favorite hats in my First Hat-Wearing Age, ca. 1993-1998. I still have two, a silver-mist and a nougat (reddish-tan), colors I don't think Stetson offers in that model any more. The silver-mist is a bit stiff, the nougat very nice and comfortable. I have better hats (vintage and customs) now, but I don't really want to part with these. Maybe I'll ask one of our custom hatters to reblock 'em with a little higher and straighter crown.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Temples were my favorite hats in my First Hat-Wearing Age, ca. 1993-1998. I still have two, a silver-mist and a nougat (reddish-tan), colors I don't think Stetson offers in that model any more. The silver-mist is a bit stiff, the nougat very nice and comfortable. I have better hats (vintage and customs) now, but I don't really want to part with these. Maybe I'll ask one of our custom hatters to reblock 'em with a little higher and straighter crown.
I would love to see the outcome if you do chose to have that done!

Any other interior markings would be helpful, too. Things like size tag, store markings, etc. Look behind the sweatband to see if there is a reorder tag.
In any case, sweet deal.

VERY sweet!!! Well done, @RBeck74! Unusual liner color might confound our guesses on the exact date, but my vote says about 1960, maybe earlier. The best thing, though, is that the proportions are just perfect for you, in my opinion. SHARP!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21