Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Holiday Suits (not santa's)

shamus

Suspended
so it's the holiday season, and you're looking through the closet.

What suit will you be wearing?

What suit should you be wearing?

What suit shouldn't you be wearing.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have a great winter white wool Hollywood jacket that I break out every Christmas Eve and wear to work. I pair it with grey trousers with cream and black flecks. Very wintery!
flat-top

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Friday night:

Campus Clad green '30s pinstripe double breasted suit, green '30s brocade tie, black cap-toe shoes, gray pinstripe vest, satin stripe drop-point collared shirt, silver collar bar, silver tie bar, Bogie overcoat, green fedora. This is without a doubt my best-looking ensemble. I'll have photos eventually.

Saturday night:

Tan & brown Hollywood jacket (call me Howard, this jacket was bought from a production company that used it on screen for a Hughes portrayal), tan '30s flat-front pants, oxblood cap-toe shoes, gold & copper Haband '40s tie with gold leaves, gold '30s geometric tie bar, tan herringbone shirt. Forgot my matching tan fedora(Steston overhauled by Art) with copper band at home. Still kicking myself for that.

Sunday:

Gray tweed newsboy cap, back to the satin stripe shirt & gray vest, green paisley on red background '30s tie, same '30s geometric tie bar, reverse pleat blue wool trousers, black cap toes, '50s Navy issue peacoat(not one of those cheap modern repros!)

Tomorrow will be odd. I'll be in jeans and a t-shirt!

Wild Root

Gone Home
The Wingnut said:
Friday night:

Campus Clad green '30s pinstripe double breasted suit, green '30s brocade tie, black cap-toe shoes, gray pinstripe vest, satin stripe drop-point collared shirt, silver collar bar, silver tie bar, Bogie overcoat, green fedora. This is without a doubt my best-looking ensemble.

I'd have to agree! That suit is truly a marvel of vintage splendor! Have you tried to wear a pair of red/brown shoes with it? I'm sure that would really make it pop! Also, white bucks would be killer as well.

What I wore yesterday wasn't even a suit. I know, how non Wild Root of me!:p

What I did wear was my 40's light green tweed pants that have red flecks, an Ivory wool pullover sweater vest, a dark green gab 40's shirt and a red/silver striped tie from the 40's. I wore my white bucks and boy, did it tie the outfit together!

I'll try and pots some photos soon.

=WR=

Well, i must side with the tweed fellows. My new donegal tweed sports coat just arrived. Marketed (eBay) as 50s. Probably late 30s. taped seams, no centre seam - anyone seen that before?? $27. Thank you, madam! Suits me, sir.

There's nothing like tweed to make you feel like it's winter - even though the prediction for Indiana is 14 Celcius (i think (roughly) 60-65 Farenheit) next monday. 14 Celcius!!!!!! January and only one snow storm!!!!! Does anyone need any more proof of global warming??

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner