Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homefront Impressions

kiwilrdg

A-List Customer
This weekend I set up a homefront impression doing a Dogs for Defense recruiting setup. It was really successful. A lot of people had no idea how much of the war effort was being contributed by volunteers and how much extra work people did "for our boys".

I was wondering if anyone on this board sets up homefront displays or camps at WWII events and what special challenges they encounter.

The concern that prompted this was that a homefront organization set up next to frontline troops does cause some confusion to the visitors. Should I ask event coordinators to place my camp away from front line camps if possible? What is a good way to set up attention buffers to keep a homefront appearance?

1930artdeco

Practically Family
It might be confusing from a visual standpoint so a seperation should be used (i.e. space or a building). You may want to try and use some space and then a period car/pickup or build a facade of a building?

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner