Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If You Had Your Own Radio Program

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Forgotten Man said:
I enjoy Art Bell some evenings and I get tired of the long commercial breaks... makes me tired.

I listen to Art Bell every once in a while; I actually really do like that show. But yes, the commercial breaks are way too long! I especially love the Halloween Ghost Story nights! :eek:

Forgotten Man said:
There used to be a station that would broadcast old time radio shows in the late evening... they'd play an hour or so... it was so neat. But, they canned that hour of radio shows to become a full 24 hour news station. :rolleyes: But, it caused a good outburst of hate emails... now, they carry the show on the internet... where's the fun in that? It's so much better on an old tube type radio.

Was that radio program "When Radio Was?". That's the only one I can think of; only heard that one a few times.

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
"This American Life" took a different direction in terms of radio theatre, and that concept could be put into use. But back on topic, let's hear some more visions of your own radio programs. :) No one can have just one show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara