Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Italian Vicenza Horsehide Full Grain Veg.-Tanned Horsehide for Aero Jackets

konadog

Practically Family
this natural horsehide is pretty amazing. i would have bought this if it were available when i bought my goat bootlegger - which i've since sold to buy the MF Campus Jacket. Re the evolution of this leather, check out evo photos of the Epaulet New York natural horsehide sneakers. I own a pair of these and love how they're coming along. here's a pic - new on the left, slightly aged on the right...

horseevo.jpeg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
This stunning Board Racer Seven is headed our way...it has one fitting booked...after that, it's up for sale! It's a size 36. It measures 20" pit-to-pit and 16.75" in the shoulder. The body length is 25" and the sleeve is 25". The jacket has a Buco J-100 back and a black cotton sateen lining. Cost is $1200.00 USD.

https://www.thurston-bros.com/products/aero-seven

Natural 2 for TFL.jpg
Natural 1 for TFL.jpg

Here's a close-up photo (in the sun) of the Natural Vicenza Horsehide...really good looking leather!

Natural vicenza 4.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I'm totally sold on this. Do you do layaway? Haha

You're in luck (or in trouble;))! Here's our layaway policy--
"Layaway is available for in-stock items only. A 50% payment is required to place an item on layaway. The balance is due within 45 days of the 50% deposit. If the balance is not paid within 45 days, the initial 50% deposit payment becomes store credit. Your 50% deposit is transferable to another in-stock item or a custom order within the 45 days."

It's on our Store Policies page--https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/store-policies-and-information

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
lol looks like this is the next big thing! It does look great. Still not sure if I could pull it off day to day though...

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Here's a photo that shows what 12 hours of Seattle Sun does to the Natural Vicenza Horsehide. As you can see, the horsehide turns a stunning Honey color when exposed to sunlight. We'll keep the sun on this swatch and keep people appraised of the color development.

Left Side = 0 Hours Sun Exposure; Right Side = 12 Hours Sun Exposure *These are only edge samples, so please ignore the scars.
Natural after sun exposure.jpg

For those who haven't seen the Natural Vicenza before, here's a photo from Friday (0 Hours Sun Exposure)--

Natural 1 for TFL.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Great looking Size 44 Aero Seven in Italian Dark Seal Vicenza Horsehide! The grain, All Ireland Blue Lightweight Tartan, and Buco J-100 back look really nice on this jacket. This jacket is in stock and ready to ship out...please contact us via email if you would like to purchase this jacket.

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero Seven Dark Seal Vicenza 44 front.jpg
Aero Seven Dark Seal Vicenza 44 All Ireland Blue tartan lining.jpg
Aero Seven Dark Seal Vicenza 44 chest pocket.jpg
Aero Seven Dark Seal Vicenza 44 shoulder grain.jpg
Aero Seven Dark Seal Vicenza 44 sleeve zipper.jpg

Aero Seven Dark Seal Vicenza 44 front.jpg
Aero Seven Dark Seal Vicenza 44 All Ireland Blue tartan lining.jpg

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Alright guys and gals, I received a fit jacket (hint: NOT a Teamster) that I've opted to keep. The thing fits. A review will be forthcoming. :) :)
Hint: it IS Vicenza.
Second hint: It's really, really nice!

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Alright guys and gals, I received a fit jacket (hint: NOT a Teamster) that I've opted to keep. The thing fits. A review will be forthcoming. :) :)
Hint: it IS Vicenza.
Second hint: It's really, really nice!

So no natural vicenza jacket? (unless it is the seven??)

I've been stung by the fit jacket in the past as well....its damn hard sending back a jacket that fits well isn't it ;)

nick123

I'll Lock Up
So no natural vicenza jacket? (unless it is the seven??)

I've been stung by the fit jacket in the past as well....its damn hard sending back a jacket that fits well isn't it ;)

Not the seven. Not natural. ;)
I fully expected the fit jacket to be short everywhere but it fits! I'll reveal the secret soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner