Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing my British Cinema blog ...

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
This company: Network have been reissuing loads of old British films, many of which haven't been seen since their first release. They have recently released two volumes of British musicals of the 1930s:
british-musicals-of-the-1930s-volume-1.jpg

They are also issuing the Ealing Rarities series:
ealing-studios-rarities-collection-the-volume-1.jpg

And have a look at this selection on the 'Moviemail' website:
http://www.moviemail.com/special-offers/1460/British-Classics-from-Odeon-Entertainment/

With regard to it being a bit sad, trying to spot actors before they were famous: It's not sad, that's the fun of it. Check out my post on Violent Playground to see David McCallum dancing in one of his first film roles.
MaCallum+Dancing+3.jpg

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
I've watched Over She Goes and Harmony Heaven from Volume 1, but nothing from volume 2 yet. Over She Goes was rather good.

I find these films interesting simply because they are so overlooked. Prior to embarking on my quest to watch as many old British films as I can, I hardly realised that many musicals had been made.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bump for a cool blog. I was just getting back at this to search for the british musical box set. I forgot the name. :eusa_doh::D Ok, that wasn't too hard to remember.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Flo.

That reminds me, I need to buy 'British Musicals of the 1930s, Volume 2'. I must also remember to update the blog - I've watched lots of films that need to be included.
Tonight I watched 'The Silver Fleet' which includes a very interesting short, belt-back, leisure jacket.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ordered the first set for less than 10 euro. If I don't like the movies I will just enjoy the clothes. Sometimes I am worse than my girl in that regard. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany