Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

is vanson going out of business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onstar

One of the Regulars
dont mean to start any rumors, but they don't reply to their emails, the website looks like it was designed by a 5th grader, I wanted a Vanson enfeild or model B, but very few places carry it.

I look at Vanson and compare it to Schott, it seems totally different- one is preparing to go out of biz and doesnt want to invest while the other is trying to expand to other niche- like Japan/Barneys..

philosophy101

A-List Customer
Hi onstar,

I've just been out to Vanson's factory a couple of times over the past few weeks.

They have hundreds of jackets and competition racing suits on display in their showroom.

You're right, they are indeed very slow to reply to emails, and their web site is amateurish. Still, the quality of their products is (IMHO) outstanding.

They clearly haven't fully made the transition to the age of e-commerce, and I can understand your being put off by that, but if you give them a call you should have no problem placing an order. There were various size Enfields on the rack this past Thursday, so hopefully they have the size you want in stock. (I wasn't looking at the Model B, so don't know about those.)

I purchased a jacket from stock (Model "Slade"), and I'm thrilled with the quality. In fact, I plan to go back this weekend to place a custom order.

I hope that helps!

Good luck with your purchase (whether you choose Vanson, Schott, or something else)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy