Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kitty Foyle, The Champ and others...

Hi,
I just read your Kitty Foyle review. In it you say:

For example, why is that the only way to justify and reconcile single motherhood and keep Rogers a
sympathetic character is to make sure her out of wedlock baby dies in childbirth?

You may want to change that, since Kitty was married to Wyn. The child was not out of wedlock. He simply didn't know about it.

I belive it was something that he or his family took care of . It's been a while since I watched it so I forget exactly how you find out.
It's the kind of movie you get a little more out of each time you see it. I also think that women see things in it that men don't. It's just one of those things.

Oh and don't forget that she did choose to go on and be independent with no man. She left him, he didn't leave her.

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Ginger is the greatest. Such a queen of style too! With as great of a comedian and a dancer she was in her and Astaire's movies, it's good to she she had a dramatic side too (which she founght greatly to have a chance at!). Great movies. I was just finishing the commentary of Swing Time a few days ago. Loved that you said this about it "This is light fun produced in a very classy package. Back in the 1930s, even comedies were sophisticated affairs done right the first time."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot