Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Leather jacket length and untucked shirts..

ronbo

Familiar Face
I can't stand the look of a shirt creeping out under a jacket so I always tuck and I never wear sweaters that just hang either. Unless they're Cardigans for indoor use only.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Blackadder is right, it's the Langlitz Cascade. The front is standard - not sure if there are any mods to the back as I only have this pic to go by. Typical mods on the back would be a few pinstripes. Imo, the Cascade is one of the nicest jackets around.

The single mod I notice on the front is the hidden collar button.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Alright, tucked in. That's where I'm at and think I'll be for a good while. It also makes the jacket much more versatile. I went from needing 27" length to maybe 24.5".

Last edited:

bn1966

Just purchased a WEP flight jacket and boy those are short. If worn un-tucked it needs a short shirt of a dark color to work or else looks plain silly.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I pretty much just tuck as standard nowadays. I know it can take a bit to get past initially but if your clothes fit you properly it will almost always look better than untucked. Go for the latter, and with a jacket it can look as if you're wearing a skirt over your jeans...

I pretty much just tuck as standard nowadays. I know it can take a bit to get past initially but if your clothes fit you properly it will almost always look better than untucked. Go for the latter, and with a jacket it can look as if you're wearing a skirt over your jeans...

+1

GW KY

Practically Family
Old thread but Timeless issue

Leather is supposed to be at the belt line, but a t shirt at the belt line lifts up to expose belly (awful look) even if trim like me

The only answer is either tuck in t- shirt (not a huge fan) or get t-shirts that are only 2 inches longer than the jacket at the most, which isn't always easy.

A longer shirt under a shorter leather does not look good for me

Tough dilemma

MrProper

My shirts are all short and I find that works well.

1682110712355.jpeg

Any T-shirt or button down I buy are meant to be worn untucked. I hate tucking in my shirt.
IMG_4709.jpeg
IMG_4411.jpeg
IMG_4323.jpeg
IMG_9749.jpeg

Tucking in a t shirt is illegal as far as I know, and if it’s not, it absolutely should be.
I like j. Crew slim untucked shirts. The are affordable and last.

GW KY

Practically Family
My 5c:
Dislike the look of a tucked shirt without a jacket or open jacket.
Dislike the look of a closed jacket with an untucked shirt.
Solution?
Jacket length or slightly shorter vest + tucked shirt. Solves all issues and looks amazing in all configurations.
+Extra pockets for off-jacket use.
View attachment 510349
View attachment 510348
So have to wear a vest every time you wear leather?

What about the classic white t-shirt/leather look? The only answer is the t shirt has to be just a bit longer than the jacket.

A long shirt with a tail, or a long t shirt under a leather never works imo. Has to be tucked in, and i rarely tuck.

GW KY

Practically Family
Any T-shirt or button down I buy are meant to be worn untucked. I hate tucking in my shirt.
View attachment 510366 View attachment 510367 View attachment 510369 View attachment 510370
Tucking in a t shirt is illegal as far as know, and if it’s not, it absolutely should be.
I like j. Crew slim untucked shirts. The are affordable and last.
Haha agreed about tucking a t-shirt.
You have it down perfect because your jacket hits bottom of belt, or a touch lower. And you've found shirts that hit the sweet spot.

I don't mind the leather being a bit longer than some people like for this exact reason. As long as I can still put hands in jean pockets, it's fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters