Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Little Pictures, Big Lives: Snapshots Of American Artists

Story

I'll Lock Up
Whether you're on vacation or stay-cation this summer, chances are you're taking pictures. Smartphones make picture-taking easier and more popular than ever. But in earlier years, photography was more of an event. At the Smithsonian's Archives of American Art, an exhibition called "Little Pictures, Big Lives" shows snapshots from the 1920s through the '60s. And many of the people in these photos happen to be some of this country's greatest artists.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/picturesho...tures-big-lives-snapshots-of-american-artists

Deco-Doll-1928

Practically Family
Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed looking at all the photos. My favorites have to be Grant Wood painting the wagon. I had to do a double take on that one. I also love the picture of Jackson Pollock with his dogs. I'm sorry. I'm a sucker for animals. :) Seeing the picture of Andy Warhol on the beach was kind of fun too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy