Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mayer Krom labelled shearling lined shawl collar 1940’s leather policeman’s coat XL

Kunja

Practically Family
meyer-krom-1950s-horsehide-jacket-1.jpg
meyer-krom-1950s-horsehide-jacket-2.jpg
meyer-krom-1950s-horsehide-jacket-6.jpg
meyer-krom-1950s-horsehide-jacket-7.jpg
meyer-krom-1950s-horsehide-jacket-9.jpg
meyer-krom-1950s-horsehide-jacket-11.jpg
meyer-krom-1950s-horsehide-jacket-16.jpg
meyer-krom-1950s-horsehide-jacket-17.jpg
meyer-krom-1950s-horsehide-jacket-18.jpg
meyer-krom-1950s-horsehide-jacket-19.jpg
Hello everyone, I have for sale a nice condition antique leather coat similar in style to a Hercules (may even be one), with a Mayer Krom label. Believed to be from the 1940s, this is a heavy winter coat that is shearling lined with shawl collar. I think it is horsehide but it is not marked anywhere as such. It appears to be a policeman’s jacket, as there is a used badge holder. The coat is a larger size, about a 46, and is in very good overall condition. The shearling is pulling up slightly from one spot near the collar but us stable. I’ve worn this coat a number of times over the years with no issue, but it’s rarely cold enough where I live to justify as the coat is quite warm.

Please see the photos for measurements. There are a few spots in the photos that look like dirt or marks but are only light beams through a slatted fence. The coat is not stained or damaged. The shearling lining has darker spots that appear to be original to the pelt.

Thank you for looking. This is my first time selling here but I have been watching these pages a number of times over the years and appreciate the knowledge and information I have gained from all of you. Questions welcomed.

Asking $600 + shipping.

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Nice. Reminds me of my Simmons Bilt Statesman, with a few differences... double-breasted, badge holder, shearling lined, different pocket flaps. @ton312 I think this one might have your name on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav