Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mister Freedom Bronco Champ?

Ishmael

Practically Family
Was wondering what all the leather jacket aficionados on here think of the Mister Freedom Bronco Champ. Was first released in '09, and I don't think he's making them anymore, but I really like it. Few months ago and I would've seen this as over the top, but I'm starting to dig over the top.

http://www.misterfreedom.com/?p=926

It came in a few different makeups.

Two-tone with stars.

DPP_12743_zpsba2bd5fb.jpg

Two-tone without the stars.

mf_jacket_01_web-1.jpg

And finally, my favorite, two tone sleeves with stars, but no two tone on the d pocket.

ca3b5382f5e611e190351231381b5983_7_zps098020bb.jpg

Ishmael

Practically Family
You guys all raise good points. Think I could go for the D pocket in either position, but am not a fan of the high contrast on the d-pocket, high contrast on the sleeves is good though. But it does look good on the Bootleggers "Pasadena".

http://www.genco-clothing.com/SHOP/831003-BKBR.html

I agree, this jacket needs the stars! But you'd need to have the steez to pull them off. Like how the gap between the stitching on the stars and the fabric will let them rough up very nicely.

Ishmael

Practically Family
Yeah, you're probably right. The belt would get tiresome. Could pop it off, but then what's the point of the loops......

Bad thing about both of them is the hurt they would put on my wallet.

strokes1251

Practically Family
And finally, my favorite, two tone sleeves with stars, but no two tone on the d pocket.

ca3b5382f5e611e190351231381b5983_7_zps098020bb.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Wow that one made me decide to add some nice red stars to this old bates jacket I been trying to do something with. If only I knew how to make something two tone... ;D
x21kwg.jpg

but seriously that jacket is beautiful I saw it on ebay at about $900 buy it now a couple months ago.

Ishmael

Practically Family
That looks like a great project, but I can't give you any advice. The stars on the Bronco Champ led me to think about what other designs might look good. Hmm.....

And, you're right, these jackets come up used quite often. Would be nice to pick one up at a lower price.

Qinhan

Familiar Face
My own $0.02: two-tone is cool, but I'd want more than just the sleeves in the secondary colour. Perhaps if the collar and/or the chest pocket openings were red too?

I also prefer not to have any unnecessary paraphenalia attached to my cafe racer like the button-snap shown at the bottom of the main zipper or the d-pocket below the left breast pocket. This just detracts from the sleek lines of a cafe racer, imho.

I can't really decide about the stars down the sleeves. Probably ok, but not really my thing.

Ultimately, like most of the jackets discussed on this forum, it's an expensive piece and if you like it and want it, get it and enjoy it.

siddhartha

Familiar Face
I'd love to get one, but the largest size they make it in is 42. I am wondering if that size might work for me, as I am usually a 44. I wonder if anyone here has gotten one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails