Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mora's Music

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
I just ordered copies of "Devil's Serenade" and "20th Century Closet" by Mora's Modern. Has anyone heard these discs? I have one of the band's earlier release and it's really hot! Dean Mora is certainly keeping the spirit alive.

BRS

Lotus Leroux

One of the Regulars
Mora's Modern Rhythmists and Mora's Modern Swingtet are both fabulous! Though I have the luxury of seeing them live here in LA, I do have one CD and it is really great. Hope you enjoy the CD's!

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Haven't heard either, but I do have 4 previous Mora discings. Based on those I'm sure the new ones will be outstanding.

My only knock at the band - and it's a small one unless you're a musician, as I am - is that the horns often do not vibrato in ensemble passages. That's a modern convention I'm not sure Dean & the gang are aware of.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Both discs arrived and they are terriffic. I can recommend "20th Century Closet" and "Devil's Seranade." Swing from the 20's to the 40's - nothing neater, nothing sweeter!

BRS

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They're all great - I've got all the CD's he's released. In fact, that's what's loaded on my iPod for listening to in the car. That, and Black Jack Justice and Red Panda from Decoder Ring Theatre. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24