Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Slim Horse Hide Leather Key Case is now for sale in my etsy shop!

mattface

Practically Family
This is a project I've been working on slowly for a while, and it's finally come to fruition!

Slim Horse Hide Leather Key Case

Patterned after a vintage key case I found at an antique store, and hand crafted from 5-7 ounce horse hide with nickel hardware and a hand rubbed beeswax finish, this old style key case is overdue for a revival. Not only can it slim down the key bulge in your pocket, it can protect delicate electronics such as cell phones from key scratching.

The case is best suited to hold between four and six keys on it's two 3/16" by 1/2" posts. A ball chain is included to accommodate larger car keys or electronic fobs. The heavyweight horse hide will fit tight at first, but as it breaks in it will loosen up and develop a beautiful patina.
il_570xN.519469650_qnfy.jpg

il_570xN.519533707_aml0.jpg
il_570xN.519469658_lbcm.jpg

il_570xN.519533709_qhbr.jpg

il_570xN.519533785_tue0.jpg

Also available in oak tanned leather

mattface

Practically Family
I'm running an introductory special on these this week. 20% discount with the code "HORSEY"

The code will work on the oak tanned cases as well, in fact it actually works on anything in my Etsy shop.

Lotsahats

One Too Many
I picked one of these up a couple of weeks ago, and I love it. Matt's key cases are really classy and nice.

A

mattface

Practically Family
I picked one of these up a couple of weeks ago, and I love it. Matt's key cases are really classy and nice.

A

I got one also. Very handy & nice product. Keep it my pocket with my knife, works like a charm...

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like them. I made them because I wanted one and figured others would find them as useful as I do. The horse developed a really beautiful patina in just a few weeks, but I love the brown Chromexcel so much I just had to try it, so I've been carrying that one the last few days. I'm looking forward to seeing how this leather ages.

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
Great price and awesome find. I've been searching for one of these for quite some time, the only one I could find was always sold out. I'll be visiting your Etsy store shortly!

Yours in Adventure-
JX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo