Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My WWII finds

preciousgorgeous

New in Town
Hello, I thought of sharing some of my finds to The Fedora Lounge as people here share the same appreciation as me about vintage clothes, WWII wardrobe, and other related items. I moved to the LA area approx 2 years ago and it was here where I discovered my passion for vintage clothes and old Americana. I started going out for treasure hunting about 2 months ago. I was skeptical to find any treasures left as I started out late and thought there wasn’t much left in the market for me. Well, I was either wrong or very lucky because in 2 months I was able to make enough accumulation damage to the point that my husband and I must move out of our little Hollywood studio soon. My husband is very supportive with my hobby and the best of all is that he also has the junk fever! Finally, after 9 years of marriage, we've found a new passion that we can share and agree upon! Who would have thought that some of our most precious moments would be built at estate sales, flea markets and vintage stores? LOL.
Moving forward! Last week we were finished treasure hunting at an estate sale in Burbank. Just leaving the place, I look over the dumpster because some old looking garments caught my eye. I grabbed them to see exactly what they were, and they ended up being WWII era thermals dated June 18th, 1941. Right underneath them, there was an US Army Tank Coveralls also WWII era. I just couldn’t believe my eyes, neither the estate sale services people whom throw these valuable garments in the dumpster. We ask how much they wanted for them and they didn’t care at all. They just told us that we could just have them.
When we got home, we put the entire WWII US Army Tank outfit together. While doing this, we found a tank destroyer patch which we decided to take to a professional so he can put them on to the coveralls. We also found a WWII Dunhill lighter.
We took some pictures for everyone to enjoy.

Here's the link of images. It will open in new tab: http://cf3.123show.com/publish/customers/c20475/p66619/index.html

Thank you so much for reading!

set-72157626105376900

Last edited:

preciousgorgeous

New in Town
Nice save! So I'm not the ONLY one with WW2 underoos. Who'd a thunk it.

Matt

WW2 stuff is becoming harder and harder to find... specially in big cities. Running into this WW2 tank uniform and being able to save them definitely felt good. I am hoping to have the same kind of luck in my future treasure hunting. Wish me luck!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou