Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naptha Bath, Part 2

TomS

One Too Many
Hi Folks:

Here is the second post on my Naptha experiment. This is what happened after the hat sat for approximately 12 hours in the gas...

I pulled the hat out of the bucket and hung it on the line. It was drenched, but held its shape VERY well. I could tell immediately it was looking better.
IMG_1599.jpg

This is the *set-up* after I pulled the hat out, and started putting the remainder of the gas back into the cans.
IMG_1595.jpg

Here is a shot of the grime that the Naptha pulled from the hat. The sediment stayed at the bottom of the bucket just like Randooch said it would.
IMG_1596.jpg

Here is a pic of the dirt that the filter caught; I was really shocked at this. The dirt was probably a 1/16" thick in the center of the filter.
IMG_1600.jpg

The next post will have the steaming, ironing, and final bashing of the lid. Stay tuned!

Thanks for looking!
TomS

TomS

One Too Many
Is this the same hat that you stated the leather sweatband got trashed in the process of cleaning ?

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

That was another member that commented in my first "Naptha" post. In fact my sweatband was fine. I'll include an interior shot of my hat in the next / final installment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy