Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"National Retail Clothier" Magazine, Feb. 21, 1929

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Thanks a lot, guys!

I'm surprised these images are still up; I went over my monthly upload limit over on Photobucket.

I'll see if I can't get more articles up once the issue with Photobucket is resolved.

Feraud

Bartender
An Attractive Outfit in Brown

Picture this -
An attractive ensemble noted in New York City included: Suit of dark brown with diagonal stripe, rather pronounced, in white, the jacket double breasted with three buttons, two to button, very shapely at the waist, with welted pockets, and the lapels very wide; demi-bosom shirt in a very fine cross stripes, in peach color; tie of black ground with orange polka dots; hat a cocoa brown Homburg; yellow gloves; socks in vertical stripes of orange and black; handkerchief white with tan border; shoes brown with wing tip and plenty of perforation; brown stick.
thunderw21 said:
012-13.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
Picture this -

Actually, Feraud, I've been trying to draw an illustration of this very outfit just to get some idea of what it might have looked like as a whole. The rough sketches are looking pretty attractive (the outfit itself, not the artwork :p ).

cptjeff

Practically Family

Quick calculation, those were $23 each in today's dollars.

Now, you can pay more then that for a tee shirt. Finding a dress shirt at that price, much less a decent quality one like that, is close to an impossible proposition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tuatara