Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need a 7-1/8 dark brown fedora, cheap and fast!

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Need it by Friday.

Already have a wool one that I wouldn't wear in public, and certainly not in the company of vintage clothing fanatics, which is what I need it for. Any ideas?

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Try your local Burlington Coat Factory. Last year they had some fur felt fedoras for around $15. Doesn't mean they will this year, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Wow, now there's a thought.

Anyone know if they're still selling those Casablanca Bogie coats? I'd like to get one.

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
They might be, though I don't know what the selection would be. Btw, if worse comes to worst, its the look that's really important, not necessarily the quality of what you wear, so it wouldn't kill you to wear the wool hat.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
The wool hat is pretty bad. Horrible block, wavy brim. Just ugly all around.

One of these days I'll bite the bullet and get a decent one when I've got the change to spare. I'll have Gray, brown, and camel at that point...save for a navy blue or a few different shades of the others, I should be set.

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
Well, if you got the money for one of the BCF trench coats, then you could probably bite the bullet now...though it might result in lack of a trench coat..and you might not be able to get it by friday. However, if you're the right size, you can probably get one off of ebay....but again, probably not by friday.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Don't know where you live -- if in a larger urban area, you can also check thrift shops and vintage shops. I found my two tan borsalinos that way, plus a Stetson indy hat.

Are there any local hat shops where you live? I can get fur felts at those places for less than $100.

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24