Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help matching Fedora and shoes to suit

Scott Stimeare

New in Town
I just bought my suit for my wedding in Italy. Its a summer wedding and am going for a light airy, Italian feel. (here the link) http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produ...LinkType=#fn=BRAND=Tommy Hilfiger&sp=1&spc=18

My suit is a tan sharkskin color and texture. My shirt is white, and my tie will be a plum color. I'm having a hard time deciding what color my fedora and shoes should be. I don't want to mix to many browns, and am trying to not darken up the look with a dark hat and shoes. I was thinking a cream/ivory fedora or white? as for the shoes i don't know whether to go with oxfords, pointy slip ons, etc. Should they be brown, tan, or a cream/ ivory as well? Please help.

Dr Kilroy

One of the Regulars
I would go with light brown oxfords and when it comes to my mind, a boater would be the best choice of hat:

BoaterStrawHat_wb.jpg

However, if you prefer fedoras, go for colour similiar to the shade of shoes, I think with black band. Also consider a panama hat.

Best regards, Dr

Scott Stimeare

New in Town

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Wear brown shoes. The brown will compliment the suit's colour very nicely. Oxfords, brogues or two tones (with brown as the main colour) will look fine.

The hat can be almost any colour you want, though grey or brown would work best with that suit in the case of a felt hat. With a straw hat I think a more traditional panama would look better than the ones you posted. In other words a slightly wider brim and a taller crown.

Last edited:

Luckytop

New in Town
I would wear the linen-cream and match them to similar color shoes. A light colored panama would also look very sharp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo