Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Alexanders Lavant - Burgundy Chrome Excel Steer

Plumbline

One Too Many
Very similar in style to the Vest De Rally ... and a typical 1950's / 60's car coat style.

Modifications - Weathered Gordon Strome weight lining.
Two inside pockets
1/3 bottom moleskin panel
Moleskin pocket bags
1" off the sleeves

Now before ANYONE starts .... there are two things I should point out.

1. This is NOT a leather company ad .... nor is it a shill post ... it's simply one of my new jackets. If you want to gripe and moan about things regarding leather jacket manufacturers please do it elsewhere ... this is simply the posts re. my new jacket which I like very much.

2. I DONT LIKE a 1920's or 30's or 40's fit,strange for a frequenter of the lounge I know but I prefer a modern interpretation rather than a accurate facsimile .... I'm not built like a guy from the 20's, 30's or 40's ... I like a little bit of room and enough space to wear a jumper if need be .. and perhaps even move my arms freely. It fits as I WANT it to fit .... by all means comment on the jacket BUT I DONT NEED OR WANT YOUR COMMENTS ON THE FIT .... I'm happy with the fit, YOUR view on the fit is neither important nor relevant and will be ignored ( positive or negative). It's NEW it was made to my measurements and it is exactly as I wanted it to be.

Now that the annoying stuff is out the way here's the jacket .... and mighty fine it is too, easilly comparable to my 2 Aero VDR's and streets ahead of my Schott Car Coat. Janet ... like Mr Kypling does with cakes, you make exceedingly fine jackets ! The leather mic's up at approx 3.5oz and is tough but pliable and really nice to wear ( not that I've worn it much in the summer). The colour is AWESOME like a deep red Cordovan without the rubbing issue as far as I can tell to date.

Stand By

One Too Many
Well, I don't usually comment on non-military jackets as I don't really own any, but I know my girlfriend would love to see me in something like this jacket of yours (she hasn't even asked to see my new B-6!) ... A good unfussy design and a good fit and colour too if you ask me. And I like the choice of shoes with it. You look well turned out. Nice one!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Nice jacket and good to see your feet properly clothed as well ;). I've several coats like that, they're what I wear when I want someone to know "I mean business".

Worf

Plumbline

One Too Many
Very Very similar Cooperson .. about the same weight give or take a 1/4oz and certainly not like the really heavy steer which had become common in recent times. It's really flexible but not floppy ( if that makes sense) ..... it's got a really nice feel, heavy enough and substantial but not overly thick and very comfortable to wear.

Comes in at 1.28 - 1.31mm ( where I can test it) which equates to between 3-3.5oz. Nice hand, typical Horween quality, has that new chrome leather smell and judging by the Roadster will be MUCH easier to break in.

All in all ... my favourite hide right now next to Vintage Buffalo and then Vintage Tumbled FQHH ... although I haven't seen any of the Badalassi in the flesh :)

Last edited:

Plumbline

One Too Many
One zip one open .... one for safety and one for access :)

The Beckmans are wearing in well ... they are substantial to say the least :)

schitzo

Suspended
Finally! haha

The leather looks good, I think that side on shot probably captures its depth best. Yep, I wouldn't mind one of these myself though probably Havana Brown for me.
I know we aren't allowed to comment on the fit but out of interest have you ordered your usual size? Or perhaps in other words, how does the sizing compare to the Veste De Rallye?

Plumbline

One Too Many
It's approx one to one 1/2 size down on the VDR

This is not a bad thing IMHO as the VDR was always an oversize jacket where in order to get a good fit I had to order a 40. Length is the same as a 42 Aero VDR ( which I have 2 of for comparison) and most of the measurements are +\- 1/2 "

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff