Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New B!Wear Cap Arrived Today For New Winter

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
My New B!Wear cap came today. It's a crackerjack of a cap - Brett worked with me on the details. Leather sweat, centered front seam, etc. The color of the fabric is rich and beautiful, the "bonnet" is puffy and terrific. I had him leave the wire in the bill, and I like being able to form it into a rather tight rounded shape easily.
And WARM. I didn't expect to get to wear it much until fall, but we're supposed to get 3 - 5" in this part of the USA, the temp is 40 degrees F and dropping, and I've worn it for a few outings today already. It goes a long way toward achieveing a "workaday" look when a fellow can't wear a suit and fedora.

A few emails and he sent me just what I asked for, at a very reasonable price.

Thanks to all who recommended Brett and B!Wear.
b_wear1.jpg

Poor light, but you get the idea.​

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
High Praise

Thanks! It has become a personal favorite.

My Hat People cap arrived yesterday as well. Very nicely made, in an alternative shape that I like also. It was off-the-rack, not customized. I miss that snap, but the Hat People cap is of a different design, and is made to be worn either pushed over the bill or pulled to the back.
I now have two great caps!

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Dead on all must buy.!! Best cap made on the market!!

SHARPETOYS said:
I ordered the # 6 color in The Custom B! Wear Seabiscuit style movie cap!!

Sharpey :)

Listen up!!

This cap is dead on cap to the movie cap. I even wanted to go and ride a race horse!!!! Brett did one fine job on making this cap. The fabric, drape and center seam is outstanding.

I have his # 19 and you can play with the styles and people seem to really like it. I know this I need more business cards from B! Wear Cap Co. :)

Since I have found B! Wear my head never been the same. :cool: :) :cool:

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Me, too!

Today I am wearing my B!Wear fuschia linen cap made by Brett and sent to me by Roger and Jo. I love it and get lots of raves on it. Men think I look nice in it and women want to try it on.

I hope in the near future, to get another linen cap and maybe a denim. I bought a cheapie demin off ebay awhile back and, while it is OK, it just does not have that wonderful rakish drape that Brett's caps have. To me, that drape is essential in a newsboy cap. Nor, of course, does it have the workmanship that goes into the B!Wear caps.

I am a fan for life.

karol

binkmeisterRick

A-List Customer
Congrats on the caps, scotrace! I was told by someone that snaps were not part of all vintage caps, so it just means you have two different vintage styles. The more I've worn my HatPeople cap, the better it looks. The fact that it doesn't have a snap doesn't bother me now, because when I put it on, it flops forward for me and drapes as if the snap were there. It's a great cap, in my opinion. But when I eventually get an additional cap, I think I'm going to have to go with B!Wear. It sounds like an excellent cap and I like variety!

bink

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Try linen for hot weather.

Biltmore Bob said:
I've been wearing my cap, gray herringbone wool, even though it's getting quite warm her in the south.

Looks like I just made the "A" list...

May I suggest a linen cap from B! Wear Cap Co. Its very hot here in Florida. I had company a few weeks ago and we went to Bush Gardens. I sweat alot from my head {No hair on top} I wore a custom linen from B! Wear and the cap was still dry 8 hours later.

I can say that has never happened to me before. I'm totally impressed with Brett's caps!!.

I wore this one that day. :) :) :)

http://mariposa.yosemite.net/bwear/lincream.jpg Thats a #15 linen in a light golden tan.

http://mariposa.yosemite.net/bwear/

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
A week or so back I got a linen from Brett, but it was claimed by my daughter.

I sent him two samples of fabric. One a cotton twill, kind of a dark khaki, and the other, an undyed denim, sort of a lighter khaki. I found I did not like the linen so much because it would not drape like I wanted. Still a finely made product, Brett did a great job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo