Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Bogie on DVD - 3 disc Maltese Falcon!!

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Warner Home Video have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Humphrey Bogart: The Signature Collection Volume 2 for 12th September 2006. Highlighting this collection which honours one of the most popular movie actors of all time is a deluxe new 3-Disc Special Edition of The Maltese Falcon, featuring a newly-remastered edition of the 1941 John Huston masterpiece starring Bogart as Dashiell Hammett’s definitive Sam Spade. This new deluxe set is loaded with hours of bonuses including the 1931 version of The Maltese Falcon and the 1936 film, Satan Met a Lady, commentary by Bogart biographer Eric Lax, a recently recovered additional scene as well as vintage Warner “Night at the Movies” features.

Also contained in the collection are four more Bogart classics making their DVD debuts -- Across the Pacific, Action in the North Atlantic, All Through the Night and Passage to Marseille. Each film has been restored from the original camera negatives and has been digitally remastered, with each title enhanced with entertaining features. The new five film, seven-disc gift set will sell for $59.92 SRP; all titles are exclusive to the collection, except The Maltese Falcon 3-Disc Special Edition, which will also sell separately for $29.92 SRP.

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=61790

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Gee whiz, I hope that will be available in the states.
The original Maltese Falcon was quite good and the second was ... interesting.
I really like how Warner Home Video has been releasing the classics, aside constant re-releasing with different bonus content i.e. Casablanca

Sincerely,
The Wolf

Feraud

Bartender
Great guggamugga! I cannot wait for September!!
Does anyone know what the additional scene is?
This is going to be a great dvd release. :)

The Wolf said:
Gee whiz, I hope that will be available in the states.
I believe Region 1 is the U.S. so this should be available to us.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, Mike and Feraud

I noticed the spelling of "honours" and that the article was quoted from a site in the the UK and didn't notice that it said "Region 1" which is indeed us.:eusa_doh:
Looks like I'll be buying another copy of the "Falcon".
I'll put next to my "Highlanders" and 37 "Star Wars".

I might do like I did with "The Thin Man" after I got the boxed set, Make the first one a "generous" gift to someone.:rolleyes:

Sincerely,
The Wolf

The Reno Kid

A-List Customer
Sefton said:
the ringer is "Across The Pacific". I've been waiting for that film to be on video for a long time! :eusa_clap

Me too! I saw it once a long time ago and loved it. The rest of the package looks great too. One cannot have too many versions of The Maltese Falcon.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Must have, esp. Across the Pacific

I have all of them, on VHS. They are never ever as good as the DVD's. Great, now I can buy and round out my transition of old movies to DVD!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo