Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New boy in town

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
How's it goin', guys and gals?

My name is Rick and I live in sunny Southern California. I found The Fedora Lounge through Google while searching for fedoras and suits. :)

So here are the basics:
Name: Rick A.
Born: 1986
Where I live: Southern California
Work: College student and aspiring police officer

I am currently a college student majoring in BioTech and earning an associates in Criminal Justice. I am working towards a commission in the United States Marines. I am also an aspiring police officer for my local PD. I am a member of their Cadet program and I look forward to protecting and serving my community. I am also going to be a dad in Novemer. As a young fellow, I admired the style of clothing from the 30's-40's. It was not until recently when I decided to "take the plunge" and rebel against the modern style of clothing. I have slowly been building up my wardrobe and I hope that I can set an example for others by showing the majority that you don't have to be "white and wealthy" in order to dress properly and elegantly. Unfortunately, that seems to be the mindset now and days and it makes it quite difficult for someone of my age and stature to dress with suit/tie/fedora. Weird stares aside, it is certainly worth it. My lady loves it. ;)

In any case, it is a pleasure to meet ya'll and I hope that you will grant me the honor of being a welcomed member of your community. :)

Julius Xavier

One of the Regulars
Wlcome

Welcome Tommy it's always good to have more minds in the mix.

MK- The proson in his avatar is a character named Tommy Salieri from the video game Grand Theft Auto if I'm not mistaken... I could be wrong though.

-Doc

IndianaGuybrush

One of the Regulars
His name is actually Tommy Angelo, he works for the Salieri family, and it's from a game called 'Mafia' which is very similar to GTA in most gameplay respects, but takes place in the 30s (I believe the 30s, could be the 20s, it's been awhile since I've played it). It was a great game though, and it was fun joyriding around in those ancient cars and using a Tommy gun :cool:

ginobarracuda

Familiar Face
I've got that game....
After a bad day at work, it's fun to jump in one of the car and just crash into other cars or run over people.

Uhh..no... I don't have any issues at work, why do you ask? :rolleyes:

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Good to meet you.

Congrats on the up comming addition to your family! My missus and I had triplets on newyears eve. I also wear a badge...

Take care Semper-Fi

Brody

HaraldTheSwede

Familiar Face
IndianaGuybrush said:
His name is actually Tommy Angelo, he works for the Salieri family, and it's from a game called 'Mafia' which is very similar to GTA in most gameplay respects, but takes place in the 30s (I believe the 30s, could be the 20s, it's been awhile since I've played it). It was a great game though, and it was fun joyriding around in those ancient cars and using a Tommy gun :cool:

Plus it packs a lot more and more interesting story than any GTA game I have played.

TommySalieri

A-List Customer
:) Yeah. Mafia is an outstanding game. I purchased it back in '02 and just finished it about a few weeks ago. The story is very thought-provoking and the ending is the best I have seen in any video game. My name is a combination of the main character's and the Don's.

Congratulations on the triplets, Brody. It's an honor to be in the presence of an Officer. :cheers1:

HaraldTheSwede

Familiar Face
My one gripe with Mafia is that the story felt a bit disconnected at times, when you suddenly took great leaps forward in time. I think they should at least have shown pictures of what happened when you weren't playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR