Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Lounge music podcast "The Cocktail Nation

koopkooper

Practically Family
Cocktail Nation up and running

Now to the land of Koop Kooper productions, I have now released the first of my Lounge music Podcasts in a new show entitled "The Cocktail Nation".

I noticed that Lizzie posted about royalty issues, I would like to mention that as a podcaster I pay the royalty organisation licensing fees thus I feel it ok to post this notice about the new show.

The Cocktail Nation something I've been very keen to do for a long time as this is a music genre which sadly has seen very little coverage or interest since the mid nineties.

The show features music from fifties and sixties lounge acts along with some of the latest bands that are keeping the music alive. Each week I'll be talking about the lounge scene and will interview some of the

interesting characters that inhabit this swank filled world. I hope you will give the show a listen by heading to www.cocktailnation.podomatic.com

Here's the playlist for show Number 1

Will the Thrill-Thrillville

Miss Otis Regrets Cry me a river.

Robert Drasnin moonbeams

Project Pimento -Sway

Octobop have you hugged you Martian today

Waitki manila

Bobby Hacket-Bobbys blues

Vicki Lane—You Hit The Spot

Frank Sinatra-lets get away from it all

Three Sons- Caravan

Girl you left behind Jimmy Vargas

Pink Victim Combustible Edison

koopkooper

Practically Family
Cocktail Nation Show two uploaded, here's the playlist

What a week, after the debut of Cocktail Nation I have been overwelmed by the degree of interest the world over.

Thank you so much for embracing this new show. I always felt that we could do with another show to play Lounge.

It was with satisfaction that I went to air last week opening my brand new Rode Microphone in my newly built studios perched on high in the Penthouse Suite in Sydney's CBD. Another wonderful show lined up. Here's the play list for show two which goes to air friday night for those in the US and Saturday Morning for The Aussies. See you then...Stay Hep

CALL OF THE SPACE SIREN COMBUSTABLE EDISON

CALL ME- LEA DE LARIA

AIN'T THAT A KICK IN THE HEAD-SAMMY DAVIS JR

IT'S A GOOD DAY- RCR

BLUES IN THE NIGHT -ALVINO REY

THE MOD SQUAD THEME AL CAILOLA

MY BABY JUST CARE'S FOR ME-INDIGO SWING

PETER GUNN MAMBO-JACK COSTANZO AND HIS ORCHESTRA

AN OCCASIONAL MAN-ANN RICHARDS

ONE MINT JULIP-CHERRY CAPRI

MANILA- WAITIKI

Forum statistics