Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Peterman offering

Nick Charles

Practically Family
Can you say 20s-40s collegiate. Bad news is only in green But I want this really bad.

1728.jpg

Shawl collared sweater $138

I also like this

BAck again and I think marked up

1255.jpg

Annapolis Shirt $148

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Picasso shirt from J.Peterman

I've just ordered this from J.Peterman:
picassoatvallaurisshirtfq9.jpg

It's a reproduction of the famous fisherman's shirt from Vallauris that Picasso often wore. I think it'll go well with the Johnston and Murphy fisherman's sandals and maybe a soft linen cap. Anyone else fancy stripped shirts?

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Hats

Sefton said:
I've just ordered this from J.Peterman:
picassoatvallaurisshirtfq9.jpg

It's a reproduction of the famous fisherman's shirt from Vallauris that Picasso often wore. I think it'll go well with the Johnston and Murphy fisherman's sandals and maybe a soft linen cap. Anyone else fancy stripped shirts?

The Greek Fishermans hat with a session of ouzo amd mezedes and the appropriate film might finish it off....

vonwotan

Practically Family
I bought a sweater like that at the opening of the RL mansion on Madison Ave in NYC. But it was navy with several colored stripes. It disappeared when I fell asleep on the ferry one day. I keep hoping to find one like it on eBay or in a thrift shop.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have one of those. I wear it to come close to the To Catch A Thief look of Cary Grant. It has the certain "Riveria in 50s" look that is good for summer.

My only criticism of the Peterman offering is that the sleeves are really tight.

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
I like them all - more stuff to add to the list of Peterman offerings to wait for the "Last Chance Sale" or scour eBay for. You can often find some really great deals on his stuff on eBay.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
I used to wear a Greek fisherman's caps back in the 80's.I've never drank ouzu though. I'm more inclined towards fedoras or with this shirt...a beret. have a photo of a french gentleman in the 1940's wearing a similar shirt with a DB jacket. I may try that.It's all been done before!;)

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
I can see myself wearing that shirt with a dixie cap...that may be too costumey though.
The shawl collar sweater was featured at a Polo Purple Label store here in Taiwan...it fit like a vintage sweater, nice and fitted with high armholes. Too bad it was 200 clams...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot