Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Stetson

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Open Range: 150 Years of Stetson
The iconic hatmaker celebrates a big anniversary with a special collection.

BY COWBOYS & INDIANS

This year marks the 150th anniversary of Stetson, and the legendary hat company is appropriately celebrating in style.

In a nod to the original hatmaker John B. Stetson, the West*ernwear icon recently announced a new line of elegant yet under*stated toppers that its founding father would have assuredly donned with pride.

The limited edition 150th anniversary collection showcases a choice selection of Stetson’s most beloved historic hat models pulled from the company archives and revamped with bands, pins, and buckles that commemorate the occasion.

Being rolled out over the course of 2015, the designs will include (shown from top): the Open Road 6X felt, done in the Western fedora style preferred by the original Marshal Raylan Givens in Elmore Leon*ard’s novel series and embellished with a grosgrain ribbon band and scalloped gold trophy buckle pin ($199); the 6X Spirit, a more classic cowboy silverbelly felt with a striking silver and gold buckle ($239); and the Paragon, available in both a 150X straw ($260) and a premier 150X felt ($1,099), featuring a four-piece buckle set accented with rubies.

To add to its anniversary celebrations, Stetson has planned a full year of collaborations and partnered events. Check out the Stetson Life microsite to keep up to date on upcoming festivities and see the latest releases.

triple-d

A-List Customer
I wonder if the 6x OR Cattlemans, is different from the Deluxe Quality OR Cattlemans that recently listed on Delmonico...........

Last edited:

RBH

Bartender
buckle-tease.gif

http://www.cowboysindians.com/Cowboys-Indians/April-2015/Open-Range-150-Years-of-Stetson/

Last edited:

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Man they are coming to Louisville. An the funny part the restaurant they link to just closed down. :) Also love there is no date as to when they will have the tour.

Well, it appears that there are other Hillbilly Cafe locations, so...

I'm sorry, but that Stetson 150 site is a mess. It appears to be just a collection of links to various timelines and city guides, with no real purpose. The links to shop don't have the featured items. When I clicked on a link that looked like it would take me to the 150th OR, it was a dead link.

Stetson's advertising strategy, from what I can see, is a series of Instagram and Facebook feeds. They seem to be into selling a "lifestyle," but I'm interested in their products!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany