Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now, THIS is a dressing robe...

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
roserobe.jpg

Description (from Savilerow-style.com):

"Derek Rose... This is indeed a special dressing gown - it will set you back the price of some suits, at just a penny short of £2,000. It is in the finest worsted spun cashmere, woven by Loro Piana of Italy and is fully lined with the softest of Italian silks. Made to order, it will take 4-6 weeks for delivery and may be personalised with embroidered initials or other preferred decoration.

"This is a dressing gown meant for seduction, far too elegant to be worn just for the toast and marmalade."

If I only had a spare £2,000 in the castle safe! Alas!

vonwotan

Practically Family
Those are wonderful robes. The only others I have liked more were the old silk lined cashmere robes at Sulka which had some of the details you might find on a smoking jacket. Back when cashmere robes were a heavy fabric more like a topcoat than a sweater.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Zemke Fan said:
it will set you back the price of some suits, at just a penny short of £2,000.
I think that you could get a bespoke robe of this quality for considerably less than $4000.[huh]

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Zemke Fan said:
Should have added quotes to THEIR description...
I knew it was ad copy.;) Who actually speaks or writes that way, besides Mr. Peterman on Seinfeld.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy