Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinion and any styling advice for these zip boots?

Lorinz

Familiar Face
I just got a pair of the Elias Zip Boots from Jimmy Choo, and was testing them out a little to get an idea on how to style them. Excuse the poor lighting and such, I just tried them on with a few pairs of pants just as a quick test real fast.
uwviQAP.jpg
LrHQjr0.jpg
5V0PXPU.jpg
Wlgs5Ek.jpg
6DuJMEQ.jpg
OrwO2II.jpg

I remember asking before about these shoes here before, but now that I've actually purchased them to try them out, I'd like some outside opinions on these; how do they look? Does anyone have any advice or tips on how to style boots like these? This is rather different from the other boots I own so far(Western boots and a pair of Wyatt Harness boots), so I'd really appreciate any styling advice; especially since it's rather difficult to find many examples of these being worn(as opposed to the Wyatt Harness boots which I can easily find TONS of photos and videos of people wearing them). Any thoughts?

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Looks best with the white pants. I'd keep these very pristine, wear only in dry/good weather or inside. Dress / high-end fashion boots should never see dirt or mud in my opinion. Keep them shined up good :)

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Since you asked for opinions…

Not my cup of tea at all.
They look most bearable in the last picture. With shoes like these, I wonder if they're really made to be worn, or just for the brand's lookbook?
And probably there will still be one in a hundred where they will look quite cool.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
@MrProper
Well he asked mainly for styling advise, not so much opinion on the boots themselves..
Otherwise I'd have different things to say. These are ~1000eu by the way, unless OP bought them used or with a large discount.
Ok ok OP also asked "how do they look?", fair enough.

MrProper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'd like some outside opinions on these; how do they look?
Ok, maybe I misunderstood. So if you didn't ask for an opinion on the boots, but only on the look in combination with the trousers, then I'm sorry.

Jasonissm

Practically Family
Pretty basic side zip design, if you are feeling adventurous I think they would look amazing with flared pants, rock star style.

You can pretty much wear them with any pants and I think they will look good, although personally I think they have a little chunky look to them, so I would lean away from skinnier fits.

All the pants you posted look good in terms of the leg opening, I assume you took the photos with the knees bent which shortens the length,personally I prefer the break lower on the boot around mid ankle or slightly lower (when standing straight).

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
its a chunky black boots, perhaps military look would work. maybe since the shaft is chunky, maybe just show it off with tucked in jogger/ breeches in military vibe colors or even some camouflage

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
I like them with white and black jeans. I also don't think they work with the washed pale blue jeans. Maybe dark navy jeans but the boots looks too polished to go with the washed jeans look.

The biggest questions I always ask myself about footware is, are they comfortable? Everyone has different feet shapes, and finding a last shape that works is the hardest part of the game. Walk around a bit, on different surface, and compare the feeling.

GUYSWEETLAND

New in Town
These days in Asia, wide-fit pants (bigger than dad's) ridiculous fit in popular style.
The combination of feminine boots (if you're not a woman) on wide jean that seems hard to get a good opinion here.
They don't know their fit and just follow the trend.
I hope you don't follow the trend and always prefer classic fashion.
Especially when you buy expensive brands.

The picture below shows the fashion of Koreans these days.
I hope this fashion trend ends here, not moving to other countries.
It's just ridiculous.

스타일부터 편안함까지 모두 갖춘 옷, '와이드팬츠'   패시네이션.png 와이드핏 첼시 - Google 검색 (1).png 와이드핏 첼시 - Google 검색.png 와이드핏 첼시 - Google 검색 (2).png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner