Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo hats in Forbes fyi

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Well, it is Forbes. They probably couldn't talk about anything that wasn't worth at least $10,000. :)

Brad

dopey

One of the Regulars
Brad Bowers said:
Well, it is Forbes. They probably couldn't talk about anything that wasn't worth at least $10,000. :)

Brad
I think you meant . . . anything that wasn’t priced at least $10,000.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Ah, yes, that's what I meant to say. Thanks.

Of course, that was before I looked at their other reviews, and some of the items were below $1,000. So much for my wit!

Brad

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I expected more than that, Robert!

Actually, I have a hard time giving a crap about a $12,000 hat when I'm trying to figure out if I'll even have any money to buy groceries next week. Wealthy people with nothing better to do than buy $12,000 hats really need to have some perspective crammed down their throats.

Brad

$12,000! Forget it. I just got in a very nicely finished one from our home town hero here (thanks PB) for less than 1% of that and it works just as well for me. ;)
Geez, when you think of it, what if the first time the guy wears it; it flies off his head and gets run over by a bus? :cry: There goes $12,000. :kick:

Regards to all,

J

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Buying $12,000 hats that are squashed by a bus is God's way of telling you you have too much money.

For that amount of buck, I could retire a couple month's early, buy a fedora from Fedora, have enough to put my stuff in storage, move out of my over-priced apartment, and head out on the road -- and have tons of money left over to put in the bank.

I am afraid to spend more than $50 on a straw hat. I have awful luck with them.

karol

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I agree!

Unfortunately, (or LUCKY ME!) I work in an area where parents buy their 16 year old kid a $80,000 Hummer for their birthday! They leave the $60,000 car in the driveway, so the more expensive cars are in the garage. The girls at the tender age of 14 are already seeing "Dr. 90210"... you get it. No, there are people out there who have been "overly blessed" in the cash department. Disposable income is flush. Some people don't make $12,000 in a YEAR, yet there are some who can spend that on dinner, very vintage wine, and a luxury hotel room for the night. Reality check, please.

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
That horse turned out to be a rather bad investment, and probably would have eaten one of those Montecristis off my head. I did lose some money on the deal. The nag started winning again as soon as I sold him. It must have been me, what can I say?

K.D. Lightner said:
Oh, Lordy, if my hats could breed, I would have to move out and live in a warehouse.

Or maybe I could have a hat ranch....

Hmmmm... A hat ranch. Sounds like a good idea. Do you breed the larger sizes or just the 6 7/8 miniature ponies. I need a couple of Clydesdales! :p
Better be careful you don't have those tribble type of hats. They breed no matter where you put them. They particularly like it when it is dark---like in a hat box. :p

Regards to all,

J

Biltmore Bob said:
That horse turned out to be a rather bad investment, and probably would have eaten one of those Montecristis off my head. I did lose some money on the deal. The nag started winning again as soon as I sold him. It must have been me, what can I say?

Spare the rod and spoil the horse?
The horse made a Montecristi sandwich?

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit